[Slim] .NET Framework 4 Full x86/x64 (1-10-2016)

ricktendo

guys, need help....

i try to make many OS with DOTNET but thing work's for me....

i have try those...

1. dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.exe /y

2. dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.exe /y | /h

3. dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.exe /h | /y
    but for me unthing work.
    so please can anyone tell me the correct command that will automatically installed the dotnetfx. i need to see the display progress also.

/y should work (dont add | /h), the other cmdline switches are listed on the first post

Automatically install Client + Extended packages and display progress:
dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.exe /y

Automatically install Client package and display progress:
dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.exe /ai

Silently install Client + Extended packages and display no progress:
dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.exe /aif

Silently install Client package and display no progress:
dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.exe /aic

Silently install Client + Extended packages, execute ngen and display no progress:
dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.exe /ain

dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.exe /y

i try this one for me it's not working....

give me time i'll upload the scrn shot...

OS i have make with using dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.exe /y

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/5668/112xc.jpg

i have wait with this screen for 2 hour, after that i manually press "NEXT" i got a error....

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/28/1122mj.jpg

need help ASAP. thanx guys...

Crazys = I have changed your pics to links only. We have MANY members on dial and posted full size screens is not allowed.

Also there is AN EDIT button. when adding info that is a continuation of the last post please just EDIT...

Also just for giggles... DID you check the md5 and make sure your archive is not corrupted?

• 2 weeks later...

Great! IF 4.5 won't be compatible with xp and 4.0 will be needed only for xp (99% probability), then please consider a ''simpler'' repack for 4.0, with only one switch: by default, ONLY client to be installed, with ngen optimization, and one switch for extended to be installed, with ngen optimization. :)

Ok, let me put it another way: when 4.5 addon will be out, only xp users will be interested in downloading this addon. And more than 90% of them will only need Client version. So you'll force 90% of them either to repack this addon, either to use the Extended version, that has the ngen optimization routine implemented via the /ain switch. So I was thinking only of adding another switch, that combines client with ngen optimization - if you don't want to remove other switches it's not so important.

I was just hoping you'll have the time to make it easier to use for XP users, since those are the only ones that are going to download it in the near future. Once again, not a request, it just made more logic to me, you're already spending alot of time here making many useful packs.

This might be a very stupid question, and if so please forgive me. Rick, do you plan to release separate 4.0 and 4.5 slimmed packages, or do you have a combined 4.0/4.5 package in mind for use in Win7, if that makes any sense? Just curious.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

If 4.5 is installed in windows 7, then 4.0 isn't needed. I can confirm this 100%. So a combined setup is useless.

So, in a clean Win 7 installation, if I install .NET Framework 4.5 not need install previously .NET 4.0, not...? :unsure:

Other question, why do i need install lang pack in .NET Framework...?

Regards... ;-)

Edited by alfreire

Rick since I am doing some new integration's this weekend I would think I should go straight to 4.5 but how would you suggest I install it since you are not ready for a release yet?

Separate, will slim and release when the first hotfix comes out containing the special MSP to patch it to receive LDR hotfixes (like KB971891 did for 4.0)

For those that want to add the .NET installer and updates to their Win7 .iso, here's what I do.

1) Make the following folder structure on your .iso. You can use whatever folders you want, but you'll need to adjust the below code accordingly.

%source_iso%\updates\NET45

%source_iso%\updates\NET45\32

%source_iso%\updates\NET45\64

(Where %source_iso% is the path to where your source files are kept.)

2) Put the dotnetfx45_full_x86_x64.exe file in the \NET45\ folder. Put any .NET 4.5 .exe updates (when released) into the appropriate \NET45\32 or \NET45\64 folders.

3) Add this code to your %source_iso%\sources\$oem$\$$\Setup\scripts\setupcomplete.cmd

@ECHO off & setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion
SET "LOGFILE=%systemdrive%\install.log"
for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\sources\install.wim set CDROM=%%i:
ECHO>>"%LOGFILE%" 2>>&1 Found CD-Rom as drive %CDROM%

:PROCESSOR
:: Detect OS bit-ness on running system. Assumes 64-bit unless 64-bit components do not exist.
SET "ARCH=64"
IF NOT EXIST "%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\cmd.exe" (
IF NOT DEFINED PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432 SET "ARCH=32"
)
ECHO>>"%LOGFILE%" 2>>&1 System architecture is %ARCH% bit.

:NET-Framework-45
ECHO>>"%LOGFILE%" ......................
ECHO Installing .NET 4.5 Framework & ECHO>>"%LOGFILE%" 2>>&1 Installing .NET 4.5 Framework
%CDROM%\updates\NET45\dotnetfx45_full_x86_x64.exe /passive /norestart >>"%LOGFILE%" 2>>&1

ECHO Installing .NET 4.5 updates & ECHO>>"%LOGFILE%" 2>>&1 Installing .NET 4.5 updates
FOR %%X IN ("%CDROM%\updates\NET45\%ARCH%\*.exe") DO (
"%%X" /passive /norestart >>"%LOGFILE%" 2>>&1
ECHO>>"%LOGFILE%" 2>>&1 Executed %%X
)

::LAST entry! All processing finished, delete used files, and EXIT::
:CLEANUP
IF EXIST %windir%\Setup\scripts RD /S /Q %windir%\Setup\scripts >nul
endlocal
DEL /F /Q %0% >nul

In this way you can drag & drop .NET updates into your .iso whenever they're released and keep it up to date with minimal effort.

This isn't as compact as Rick's repack, but you can keep it updated yourself as needed.

Edited by Mr_Smartepants