[Slim] .NET Framework 4 Full x86/x64 (1-10-2016)

ricktendo

Im not talking about that sfx maker I am talking about mine that is specifically for this package...look on the first page for the "other tools" section under the lang pack links

There is even a silent 7zsd.sfx/config.txt alternative that you can use if you are building a silent switch installer

• 3 weeks later...

Ricktendo,

Thanks for the work you do on this. I have one question, though. In the version you post here on the site, ti contains the following files in the main folder:

KB2468871-v2-x64.msp

KB2468871-v2-x86.msp

However, when I create my own version using dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64_Slim.7z from Solor's site, it does not create these two files. Can you explain the discrepancy?

Am I better off using your version or did I miss a step?

That package does not have the latest WUFix MST, before I used a embedded VBS script to add the registry entries for KB2468871 in the old transforms.MST. Now I use a MSP I created (thanks to a tutorial by yumeyao) that has no files, all it does is add the registry entry

I will upload my base vanilla slim files that you can apply my MST to (MsiTran.exe -a <transforms>.mst <installer>.msi) and you can also add the MSP to install with it also (the download link will be on the 1st page, keep an eye out)

Edit: I decided not to upload my full slim package, but here are the MSI's from that package that have no MST applied to them. You can apply the MST and overwrite the files in SoLoR's package with these http://www.mediafire...a9fhi3r4lf5rv38

And YES its better if you use the installer, all the work is done already. But if you wish to learn how to make it yourself I provide all the tools

And YES its better if you use the installer, all the work is done already. But if you wish to learn how to make it yourself I provide all the tools

I've learned a ton of stuff from you in the past. This time, though, I think I'll just take the easy way out and download the ready-made version. :dancing:

Thanks, again, for all you do in the community! :worthy:

You can 7zsplit it and repack it to your needs with langpack, without extended, etc

Just to clarify, then.... The CleanSlimMSIs.7z contains the same msi's as Solor's dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64_Slim.7z - with the exception that you have PRE-added the registry entries into the his msi's?

So, if I replace Solor's msi's with your Clean MSI's, download the updates from Solor, and run his ApplyHotfixes.cmd, I should end up with basically the same result as using your slim installer from the OP? Do I have that correct?

No, my "clean" slim msi's dont have anything done to them but slimming...you have to apply the WUFixClient.mst to both "core" installers (and of course the MSP updates,) also add the KB2468871 MSP stub to install with both core+extended installers

No, my "clean" slim msi's dont have anything done to them but slimming...you have to apply the WUFixClient.mst to both "core" installers (and of course the MSP updates,) also add the KB2468871 MSP stub to install with both core+extended installers

I guess it's probably best for me just to wait until you do the updates. Thanks, again.

Hi,

can I remove NET Framework 3.5.1 using W7T's Component Removal if I add this package to my DVD or is the old version still needed?

I remember that NET Framework used not be cumulative, but maybe that has changed in the meanwhile?!

Thanks and nice work ;)

ulysse

Edited by ulysse

Hi,

can I remove NET Framework 3.5.1 using W7T's Component Removal if I add this package to my DVD or is the old version still needed?

I remember that NET Framework used not be cumulative, but maybe that has changed in the meanwhile?!

Thanks and nice work ;)

ulysse

The installer is only .net 4. Win 7 already has .net 3.5.1. Those are two separate entities. If you want .net 3.5.1, then do not remove it from the Win7 install source.

...I remember that NET Framework used not be cumulative, but maybe that has changed in the meanwhile?

No they are still not cumulative. You could conceivably end up needing 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, and 4.5, and all of the updates to all of them. It all depends on the software you are using.

Cheers and Regards

It's only partially MS's fault. Much of the problem is other software that wants to use a particular .NET feature. If the software checked whether the actual feature was available then many of these problems would be solved. Instead, many apps take the easy way out and just check whether a particular version of .NET is installed that they know has the feature they want to use. It doesn't matter that a later version of .NET also has the feature they could use. They don't check for that because those later versions came out after their software was released. So it's the fault of lazy software writers, some at MS, but mostly everywhere else.

Cheers and Regards

Hi Rick,

Just tried your .Net 4 package, that's a job well done. I have one request, if possible could you please use the 7z SFX module that supports all decompression methods?

I've combined your .Net 4 with the Spanish LP, and it would allow me to squeeze it a little bit more.

Cheers.