Unattended not working

RicaNeaga

@Etz, i tried that unattended and it worked fine with me, however i didnt use the AIO apply unattended, i just literally coped and pasted it to the DVD.

About XML Creator, we can add some suggestions

there is a topic for that, so i'll move your post. This topic is basically just to get what is currently in W7T working even though it works completely fine for me.

Edited by Legolash2o

@Legolash2o you didnt saw the EULA also you didnt had to specify Network Location? :blink:

It seems to me, if you apply this file into image, it will change something, so you always have it acting same way...

I tested it this way, took my "applied" image, replaced unattended file with one that includes partitioning...and guess what actually it didnt wipe disk and didnt partition anything.

Acted a very same way, as with previous file... :g:

Installed VM and tried to apply new unattended with W7Toolkit, same behavior...you get earliest "settings"... (from first unnatended.xml that you applied)

Basically I bet it will work correctly, if you replace apply function with only copy function.

Apllying it seems to break some things, at least for me...

Even if I use clean image, i will be greeted with EULA, Network and Update pages from OOBE... :P

Edited by Etz

I didn't see anything except the user creation screen, the only difference is mine was a fresh image and i only copied and pasted the autounattend.xml file to the dvd and made the ISO.

EDIT: Yeah it only seem to not work when you have applied a previous unattended, i might program W7T to any integrated unattended files.

Edited by Legolash2o

I didn't see anything except the user creation screen, the only difference is mine was a fresh image and i only copied and pasted the autounattend.xml file to the dvd and made the ISO.

Yes, thats the only difference between what I did and what you did, with that file.

I always used AIO to handle it, you copied it into "clean" image DVD root.

Seems like Apply screws something up in image.

Even if I use clean image, I will be greeted with EULA, Network and Update pages from OOBE... :g:

(I always start with modifying on clean source)

Ofcourse, thats the reason also, why I didnt find anything wrong in my XML, because there isnt any... :dancing:

Legolash2o thx for your time, now at least I know that I have to copy it always manually, to get it to work ;)

Edited by Etz

I have two 'fresh' DVDs. one of them is win7 sp1 x86 DVD. The other is 9 images AIO x86/x64 DVD.

I made a new Autounattend.xml every time by unattanded creator. My purpose is fully silent setup with my settings.

some settings: one user in adminsitrator grup, autolgon with the user and infinit logon count without user password (empty password)

I copied Autounattend.xml file to the dvd root.

I have tested several times.

-- win7 sp1 x86 dvd: fully silent installation :) The task is ok. windows comes with my settings.

-- win7 sp1 x86/64 AIO dvd: all 5 x86 images: fully silent installation :) the same above.

all 4 amd64 images: fully silent installation except asking security and netwok question. :angry:

(although etz says EULA, I have never bumbed into EULA)

--win7 sp1 x64 dvd: I've never tested it.

I don't think unattended creator has problem because x86 and amd64 parts are identical in xml files ! Quite strange

I am on my way becoming windows answer file expert LOL

May be I have impossible request because I could't find fully silent AIO xml from whole internet :P

This issue may not related w7t's unattended creator. I will test x64 dvd.

Regards.

Edited by hornet512

For those x64 have you ever, either before or after you merged them used AIO on them which included 'apply unattended'?

For some reason they are using the first ever unattended file applied to them.

For example, if you have applied an unattended file to an image and then update the one on the DVD root, it will only use the one built into the image originally.

Edited by Legolash2o

Nope, I use separate x64 SP1 and x86 SP1 ISO images ripped from my "Retail Box" as clean source...

Only modfication those ISO`s have is, that ei.cfg has been removed, to gain access to all versions.

Edited by Etz

May be I have impossible request because I could't find fully silent AIO xml from whole internet

With an AIO DVD (x86/x64) you can have an Autounattend.xml file with only ONE window asking which OS to install!!!

*Edit: Of course with the default keys already integrated! But it is out of this topic!??

Edited by myselfidem

For those x64 have you ever, either before or after you merged them used AIO on them which included 'apply unattended'?

For some reason they are using the first ever unattended file applied to them.

I don't think so. When I install them without any Autounattend.xml file, the installation asks everything as usual.

With an AIO DVD (x86/x64) you can have an Autounattend.xml file with only ONE window asking which OS to install!!!

You are right. In fact I want which Os and where to questions.

Now I understand why you gave me fully silent xml file including partition creation. :D

I meant 'fully silent' except these two questions. I expressed myself a little bit wrong, sorry.

Regards

EDIT2: @myselfidem

May I ask you for an example again?

Edited by hornet512

@hornet512, If you are ever able to get your Autounattend.xml working correctly for your 9 image AIO x86/x64 DVD I would love to see it. I assume it will be set to ask the which Os and where to questions. Thanks in advance.

Cheers and Regards

@hornet512 and @bphlpt

Here is my Autounattend.xml (AIO x86/amd64) file I created and working fine! :thumbsup_anim:

It is an example with creation for 2 partitions and one Admin User.

Adapt the values to your needs!!!

The keys must be integrated first with my SetProductKey.cmd (for example) and you will see only one Window asking which OS you want install.

Fully unattended, exept the OS choice, of course needed!

Enjoy!

Autounattend-AIO.xml

Edited by myselfidem

OK! I downloaded new clean source from links provided by W7Toolkit, copied Autounattended.xml manually.

Still got EULA prompt, unattended file is the very same, that Lego already tested and confirmed working... :blink:

Am I nuts or something...already tried everything... :g:

EDIT: Will try now on x86 image to see, if this very same XML will work there...

Edited by Etz

Strangely this very same file attached before (tested by Legolash2o), works excellent on x86 but fails on some parts on x64...

So it is still must be Unatended Creator and produced file...only thing is , I cannot figure out why it is so.

Both sections of the produced file are Identical, still x64 part fails to accept Eula and define Network and Update settings also Autologon user fails...

Edited by Etz

Yes I have AnyCPU set (you saw that file yourself earlier), will test your XML file right away... ;)

Will report back... approx 15 minutes ;)

EDIT: At least EULA didnt show up, installing....

EDIT v2: Error...couldnt install...

Error.jpg

Edited by Etz

Please, look here and above (using the same password):

http://www.wincert.n...dpost__p__79242

Regards

*Edit: I think it's better to not use:

<AdministratorPassword>
<Value>1234</Value>
<PlainText>true</PlainText>
</AdministratorPassword>

By default, the built-in administrator account is disabled in all default, clean installations.

For Windows® 7 and Windows Vista®, you can enable the built-in administrator account during unattended installations by setting Username to Administrator (only the English word, Administrator, automatically enables the account). This enables the built-in administrator account, even if a password is not specified in AdministratorPassword. If a password is specified in AdministratorPassword, then use the same password in Autologon.

Edited by myselfidem

@myselfidem maybe you can look at Legos created file and help us fix it, so Unattended Creator could output correct file... :rolleyes:

Definately were having somekind of ordering issue...if archidecture is AnyCPU... :g: