Unattended not working

RicaNeaga

Glad its working, tell me what steps you take to make that error. I can't seem to reproduce it.

Imported that old "messy" XML into unattended creator and saved it again to new file.

Also unticked checkbox from "Administrator password" and ticked it again...to replace that...

After that, all users will have same password as built-in Administrator...

Also its clearly visible in autounnatended.xml if you open it in text editor... ;)

Edited by Etz

http://www.2shared.c...130-71B_T2.html

There is an errors.txt in there, i need to test if uploading logs work, it won't work behind proxy servers though.

Same, last user gets Built-in admin password...

But, if I change admin password to something else, it will get the first one, from old unattended file... :blink:

(last user password stays very same, and built-in admin gets new password)

Also happens, when I use "correct" XML... ;)

Interesting is, if I untick this box and then tick it, it will ask password change, but leaves box unticked afterwards, also noticed such a behaviour under tweaks section in AIO tool.

Have to tick those boxes twice...

(actually it ticks them, because change occurs, but its not visible, or something, since version .68B actually...first thought its somekind of my PC glitch, but happens here at my workplace too and under VM)

PS: I dont have proxy at work, but I have corporate Firewall... ;)

EDIT: Uploading Log dialog Box appeared showing error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)

at W7T.frmToolsManager.frmToolsManager_FormClosing(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5692 (QFE.050727-5600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

W7T

Assembly Version: 1.3.0.71

Win32 Version: 1.3.0.71

CodeBase: file:///D:/W7T130-71B_T2/W7T.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5698 (QFE.050727-5600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Management

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by Etz

Same, last user gets Built-in admin password...

But, if I change admin password to something else, it will get the first one, from old unattended file... :blink:

(last user password stays very same, and built-in admin gets new password)

Also happens, when I use "correct" XML... ;)

Works fine for me with old and new unattended, so attach your unattended please.

Interesting is, if I untick this box and then tick it, it will ask password change, but leaves box unticked afterwards, also noticed such a behaviour under tweaks section in AIO tool.

Have to tick those boxes twice...

(actually it ticks them, because change occurs, but its not visible, or something, since version .68B actually...first thought its somekind of my PC glitch, but happens here at my workplace too and under VM)

I've noticed this too, but can you give me precise instructions to reproduce this please as i can't get this issue to work in unattended.

EDIT: Uploading Log dialog Box appeared showing error:

Hopefully fixed this, but i have received some logs now :D

Edited by Legolash2o

Works fine for me with old and new unattended, so attach your unattended please.

File is below...

I've noticed this too, but can you give me precise instructions to reproduce this please as i can't get this issue to work in unattended.

In Unnatended Creator, import file, save into new one...

Then tick to "checked" Adminitrator password box, type in new, hit OK, box stays unticked...

Now save file again and look into file, password was actually included and also changed... ;)

EDIT: Forgot to attach file :D

PS: Last user has same password as Administrator, because of previous "test 1 bug" ... ;)

EDIT v2:

Basically, as I understand I have to remove and re-create user to fix it, maybe you could create "EDIT" under users tab? :P

It was "bug of my undesrtanding", basically its fine now, ofcourse changing Administrator password wont change users one, its normal behaviour...and should be that way...

(I do sometimes, make mistakes also :( )

Autounattend.xml

Edited by Etz

As you rightly pointed out, there is no error when loading the passwords as that's what is in the autounattended from when you saves test 1, below is test 3 which hopefully fixes that tick box issue in Unattended Creator. I'll see what i can do regarding an EDIT button, shouldn't be too difficult but i have to go to a lecture now so it will probable be done later.

EDIT: I possibly maybe be able to make the fields in the list editable so no edit button would be needed, you would just click on the password part of the box and you can edit it.

http://www.2shared.c...130-71B_T3.html

Edited by Legolash2o

...below is test 3 which hopefully fixes that tick box issue in Unattended Creator...

Yeah, its fixed now, at least I couldnt reproduce it anymore... ;)

EDIT: I possibly maybe be able to make the fields in the list editable so no edit button would be needed, you would just click on the password part of the box and you can edit it.

Even better... ;)

Also, it would be very nice to have option to edit user "role" that way (Admin/Standard user)...so you click that field and get dropbox between those two choices...?

Edited by Etz

I was able to download the new release: W7T130-72B.7z

Regards

*Edit: Really nice work. thanks! :)

However when AutoLogon is: Username:Administrator and: Add User and his name is: Administrator...

There is two Administrators activated: built.in Administrator and Admin-User!

If I want automatically Logon with my Admin Account, I need to select AutoLogon: Username: My Account Name: myselfidem and select: Add User, Group: Administrators: myselfidem and use the same password! Otherwise the installation fails!

*Closing W7T.exe, the Vista Api.dll isn't removed!!

*Edit: It seems it was a "bug" on my computer (about Vista Api.dll) ! Restarting W7T.exe and now all is OK!

Edited by myselfidem

@ myselfidem

Thank you for updated setproductkey and xml examples. Especially for your last example you gave me

here: http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/topic/9101-unattanded-creator-serial-keys/page__st__40 . It woks nice for all 9 images.

Regards.

I'm really happy! Thanks :)

Edited by myselfidem

@hornet512, If you are ever able to get your Autounattend.xml working correctly for your 9 image AIO x86/x64 DVD I would love to see it. I assume it will be set to ask the which Os and where to questions. Thanks in advance.

Cheers and Regards

You can download my SetProductKey.rar (fr-FR, en-US), and you will see inside many Autounattend.xml examples files working fine, for ALL images for Windows 7 AIO (x86 and amd64)!

http://www.wincert.n...__40#entry79391

Note: Adapt the values to your needs and read the text file README-FIRST.TXT

You will have only one dialog box asking which OS to install (Of course needed).

Enjoy!

*Edit: I will add soon a new topic about Autounattend.xml AIO files (It isn't the right place here). Thanks

Edited by myselfidem

yes I saw it.. what i mean is, will my account have the Super administrator rights? (no confirmation for actions and so on)

if so, i assume it's the same thing i did before using the dos command "net user Administrator /active:yes", right?

and will i be able to modify the name in the control panel after installation? i want to make a universal image for me and my friends but with superadmin built in..

thanks!

Edited by carlese