Help With XP.WIM

laddanator

I got a question. I know how to sysprep. I know how to capture an XP image with imageX and I can restore that captured image with imageX no problem from WinPE. My question is, is there anyway to make the XP.wim bootable like Vista and Win7? I know that Vista and Win7 use boot.wim to actually install the install.wim but will bootmgr and rename the XP.wim to install.wim maybe do the same thing?

@laddanator, why don't you send IcemanND a PM and post back here if you find out anything, I'm sure there are others that would be interested, maybe even as a super install/repair disk with XP, Vista, Win7, and perhaps others.

@rick, not exactly point and click, but it seems very complete and detailed. Thanks for the link.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

@laddanator, why don't you send IcemanND a PM and post back here if you find out anything

Will do

I got the making of the wim down pat and I can install the wim through Minixp(once in MiniXP its pretty much point and click) with GImagex to the pre-formated C drive. MiniXP uses a wim but somehow a XP.bin file extracts the wim and its bootable. :g:

Edited by laddanator

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...