Video Driver not Instaled

bilbaro

I integrated, with W7T last version, all video driver from driverpack: Grafic A, Grafic B and Grafic Mobile. When install windows, video driver not instaled. In Device Manager show me "Standard VGA Driver". Everything is instaled: Audio, Card Reader, Wireless, etc. After that I instaled video driver manually from Grafic Mobile and works very well. Why video driver not install? Maybe W7T not integrate driver? How can see I if driver video is integrated in Windows?

My laptop is MSI EX700 with Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS.

STOP using Driverpacks!!! They are VERY good for XP, but for windows 7 - and for use with W7T - are DISASTROUS!!! The reason is simple: they include also Vista versions of those drivers besides 7 ones, in some cases even XP drivers (Intel LAN foe example - maybe they deleted them lately, I dunno), sometimes x86 drivers in the x64 pack and viceversa.

I LOVE the way W7T integrates drivers by default (with support also for foreign characters - method 3 / slower), so 99,99% not W7T is to blame. Please unpack ONLY your needed video driver (with winrar/7zip/etc if it's Nvidia/ATI), and integrate only the Drivers folder inside (that contain .inf files).

I'll make a guide for integrating drivers and also upload my pack somewhere (only for 7, updated and selected - much better to use with W7T than driverpacks's ones) probably in ~two-three weeks from now, and also a guide for W7T (I can't promise I'll respect my deadline, since I have to translate that guide also in english). 'Till then please read the previous sentence once again. :)

Edited by RicaNeaga

STOP using Driverpacks!!! They are VERY good for XP, but for windows 7 - and for use with W7T - are DISASTROUS!!! The reason is simple: they include also Vista versions of those drivers besides 7 ones, in some cases even XP drivers (Intel LAN foe example - maybe they deleted them lately, I dunno), sometimes x86 drivers in the x64 pack and viceversa.

That's not good advice.

We test DriverPacks very thoroughly before we release updated packs. Our packs do not produce any integration errors with DISM. If the drivers were not meant for Win7, then DISM would throw a hissy-fit during integration.

As to Vista drivers in the packs, that's by design because our packs support ALL NT6 builds (Vista, Win7, Server 2008, etc.)

If you don't want Vista drivers, search and delete all folders named "Vista".

As to x86 drivers in the x64 packs...maybe you should check the x64 .inf files and you'd notice that those files may be required for a successful integration.

Because of how DISM integrates drivers into an offline image, it bloats the "driverstore" folder. We always recommend that users integrate the bare minimum number of drivers (typically Chipset and Mass-Storage) into the image and then install all the other packs post-install by using our SAD2 (Stand Alone Driver Disc) utility found here: http://forum.driverp...pic.php?id=5336

BTW, if you have a problem with a specific driverpack or want to make a request to add drivers, make a post in our forums over at http://forum.driverpacks.net

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

M_S a good driver for him would be the latest one that has a nv_whql.inf to support allot of left behind oem video cards, the latest driver is 259.47 and you can find it on the update catalog

x86: http://download.wind...6c43d908c63.cab

x64: http://download.wind...3acec9c13b7.cab

I have to use this for my Qosmio with GeForce Go 7300

I need to disagree, I'm using driverpacks for backup for installing my friends pc/notebook since it's really tired to check every driver ID or signature, also sometime the website for the drivers source doesn't exist so for me driverpack save my time. Some notebook with AMD processor get problem, but it's becuz the driver itself, I see mostly driverpack team need to tweak the setting so it can be compatible n match with the driver setting.

most of driver failed to integrated becuz the driverpack itself have been outdated n we need to update that (new hardware, new driver), also I do agree with mr. smartepant, if u do have problem, u can post to driverpack forum for a bug or suggestion so the driverpack team can improve that.

@Mr_Smartepants I do have a BIG problem, but not with a specific driverpack issue, but with how driverpack is conceived for vista & 7 & server - all in the same pack. It's VERY wrong. I'm going to show you why here, at wincert, by making a guide for W7T users (after making a general guide in another language somewhere else, and afterwards translating them into english), because I consider W7T to be the BEST tool for integrating drivers (also I'll explain myself in the future).

Why I'm not going to do this at driverpacks? Because you're very violent in language there, and if someone disagrees with you, the purpose of the conversation won't be if that person is correct or not, but to bring as many arguments (both true and false) just to show them they are wrong - anyone who disagrees with you is wrong from the start.

I'm not the arguing type, so I won't post any more replyes here, but I cannot ignore some false arguments you wrote here (aka the technique of arguing for the sake of arguing &link uttering):

If you don't want Vista drivers, search and delete all folders named "Vista"

you know better than I that this is NOT true, so I won't bother demonstrating this. For now.

As to x86 drivers in the x64 packs...maybe you should check the x64 .inf files and you'd notice that those files may be required for a successful integration

You know better that there are some mixed drivers, for example Intel chipset ones. And Intel made a DIFFERENT FOLDER FOR WINDOWS 7 for a purpose, because ONLY those drivers are meant for windows 7. And...

If the drivers were not meant for Win7, then DISM would throw a hissy-fit during integration

again WRONG. I can integrate anytime into 7 via DISM those kind of mixed chipset Intel chipset drivers (ONE example), that were meant only for previous OSes than windows 7,

But hey, you know better, wright? I'm curious how you'll try next to find arguments just to show me I'm wrong, not because I intend to reply (I won't), just for fun. :) Also, don't get me wrong, I really love what you've done for XP - best solution out there. ;)

OK that is close enough to getting a flame war started...

I dun know what the hell is wrong with everyone lately but I have been seeing ALOT of anger and general pissy-ness in that 3 forums I visit many many times daily (MSFN, RyanVM's and here)

Where I have the ability I am going to make sure it does not escalate.

Remember we are (In relative terms) mature people here and nee to keep our discussions polite. EVEN if we greatly differ in opinions\views than the other person we are reffering to...

again WRONG. I can integrate anytime into 7 via DISM those kind of mixed chipset Intel chipset drivers (ONE example), that were meant only for previous OSes than windows 7,

the package driver integrated but will not be USED, yes u can integrated that but WINDOWS INSTALLATION will ignore that if it's not compatible with the hardware (check the panther directory n the log inside ur windows directory if u dont believe me).

unlike windows vista, windows 7 more smarter, it will prevent crash driver installation n also more flexible when searching the available driver version.

peace...

@Ricktendo64, Thanks for the links. I'll check those out. We've been having problems with Nvidia drivers since they changed their installer method (260-series to present).

@Kels, Noted. ;)

@RicaNeaga, I'm sorry that you've had a bad experience with DriverPacks. You are not wrong.

I've made note of your comments and I will do what I can to split all the Win7/Vista-only drivers apart from each other (unless they're combo drivers). This should make it easier for W7T users, professionals, or folks that know what they're doing to pick out what they need. You're right, sometimes it's easier for us to just update an entire folder than spend the extra time to pick through and separate the drivers.

However, because of the nature of DriverPacks, we will still continue to produce packs that support all NT6 OS.

Do you have specific methods you use for testing driver integrity prior to integration? I'd love to hear about it. For Win7 I just integrate with DISM and if we get no errors, we call it 'good'. We want to make sure we build the best & most compatible packs we can.

Also, if you have specific examples of problems or mismatch, please PM me so I can fix the problems in our packs. We do listen and always love to get constructive feedback. Simply saying "Your stuff is broken" doesn't help anyone. ;)

@Ricktendo64, Thanks for the links. I'll check those out. We've been having problems with Nvidia drivers since they changed their installer method (260-series to present).

I think I know what you mean, when I make a friends iso I have to use that driver because the 26x for some reason will integrate fine but it will not install

I resolved my problem.

I downloaded the last Windows 7 Video DriverPack. In previous version, Windows find drivers for my Nvidia in all DriverPack (A, B and Mobile) and I don't know what is installed. Now, I founded drivers just in Mobile (for my Laptop) and instaled very well, Thanks DriverPack for them work.

W7T works very well, Thanks for exist. I created a Windows 7 DVD with:

- all drivers;

- custom gadgets;

- my programs with silent install;

- my theme;

- update and language pack;

- and so on.

Thank you for your answers.

Edited by bilbaro

Today, I instaled my Windows 7 with all drivers integrated and to finall Video Driver (Intel Video) not instaled corectly. In Device Manager, Display Adapters appears with problem. In properties window, to Resources tab I read this:

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)"

After that, I tryed to install original driver without succes. I uninstaled Display Adapter, I restarted computer and my Intel Graphic Adapter is with the same problem.

How can I resolve this?

Edited by bilbaro

• 2 weeks later...

I don't find any solution to resolving installing video driver without errors, but, I'll use such:

1. I'll integrate with W7T all drivers without Video Driver;

2. I'll install Video Driver with dpinst.exe on setupcomlete.cmd method.

Everything working complete.

Edited by bilbaro