Office update extractor delete everything

shon3i

Yesterday i was shock, when i download some office updates to desktop and i use W7T to extract msp files, i didn't touched anything i just added updates (*.exe) and put extraction path to desktop and i click on start, and i get preaty clean desktop without any user icon or file, just stay some folders and system icons. After madness, i figure out that when i put office updates in some folder i and i set some other empty folder i get both folders blank, no source updates no destination updates.

It's just me or its bug ?

btw i successfully get my desktop back thanks to shadow copy of windows :)

As a general rule, I never use the desktop for that type of thing. I always use a folder, with a short name with no spaces, located at the root of whatever drive you want to use, such as "D:\W7T12". Windows 7 and programs today are better than they used to be about having issues with either protected space, long path names or spaces in the path name, but it still sometimes occurs, so I figure, "Why not eliminate any potential problems?" Just my two cents. But you're right that if this is a bug it should be eliminated if possible.

Cheers and Regards

It's just me or its bug ?

The same for me. Let's wait Legolash some time to fix it. We souldn't bother him because of chiristmas holiday :)

Try extracting manually for now:

x:\office-kbxxxxxx-fullfile-x86-glb.exe /extract:"x:\yourMspDirectory"

Regards and Mary Chiristmas

• 2 weeks later...