Install Order of intergated drivers

EB1000

Hi

I"m using the great Toolkit to integrate drivers into Windows 7 installation DVD. On most of the computers it works great, but with one of my laptops - Dell Insperion, I end up with Intel Graphic HD 3000 drivers not functioning with error code 12 that says the graphic adapter cannot find free resources.

I called Del support and they told me that I must install the graphic drivers before I install the USB3 drivers or else the USB3 will take the resources of the graphic drivers. It was correct. If I manually Install the the drivers at the following order:

1) chipset, 2) Graphics 3) USB3 all works OK w/o the code 12 error.

But when integrating drivers, it seems that Windows instals them in a different order. So Is there a way to pre-set the drivers install order?

Thanks

Edited by EB1000

I would think that suggested order, chipset -> graphics -> USB and other peripherals, would be the preferred install order for anyone's system, and would have thought that Windows would follow that. I don't know if there is a way to set the install order for drivers.

Cheers and Regards

How about adding the drivers in added order?

I mean when you add chipset folder the program automaticaly make a tab, than another folder make another tab and so on...

Finaly when the program integrates the drivers start with the first tab, when finish move to second tab...

I don't know if this is possible but I thought to drop a suggestion.

Thanks for the replies.

I dont think integration order nor inf file naming makes any difference. The order is set by Windows I assume according to the order of detected devices. Perhaps by hardware ID's? There most be a way to cause Windows to delay the installation of specific devices. Maybe Legolash2o will have an answer

I encountered with the same problem (Code 12 for Display Adapters). See answers for my topic and tell me if you find a resolving. I not verified yet.

http://www.wincert.n...r-not-instaled/

Thanks, but the bios solution does not work for me. Dell support told me that all drivers must be installed manually or using their utility. Automatic installation cannot be supported by them. They also recommended for integrating only chipset and storage drivers, as only those are critical during boot time but still I wand to create a fully ready installation disk to be used on many computers w/o the need to manually install drivers...

PnpUtil is not for integration, its only if you are using the cmdline to add/remove a driver from a online image (so if you want to add an option to w7t for driver adding/installing post setup I guess you could)

The reason I suggested he use pnputil is so he can install his video driver during 1st login (using the inf because he said there is no silent setup option) and integrate the others

pnputil and dism are kinda similar, you can add a bunch of inf drivers and it will add them to the driverstore (it wont install them)

pnputil -a *.inf

To install use -i -a but you have to specify the inf filename you cant use *.inf like you can with just -a

To delete a driver you use -d oem#.inf and add -f to force if the driver is in use...finally use -e to get a list aka enumerate the drivers