Windows 7 Toolkit v1.3.0 Release Candidate 2

Legolash2o

WOW! Two builds away from final and everyone posts all there issues in one night :P Hopefully i will get time to resolve them all, but my University essay needs to be done so that's my priority for the next couple of days. Wish you guys posted them earlier :P

I've moved a couple of posts into their own topic:

@mirecek1965

@serg130270

So I was making a PRO/ULT 64 bit install with updates and a few other things (few tweaks, and themes). I ended up with a 3.3 Gig Windows 7 folder (NORMAL!)... I go to create a ISO for burning and it somehow comes away with a image size of 343 Megs (should be 3.3 gigs like normal)... The folder size after I ran create ISO is now 343 Mb as well.. What happend to my 3 gigs of files?

They are gone!

I thought something happened odd so I tried this again! Both ended up with the same result.

I did pick W7T to use the same drive I had the ISO extracted to (E:). I will put those settings back to W7T default and try again.

** Update ** so I set the W7T MISC options for Temp and Mount folder back to C:\ and all is well again. Kind of a major bug?! wasted around 6 hours of CPU time finding out that simple fact.

Thanks!

Edited by MassXL

Hi Legolash2o

I have created an all in one disk (x86 and x64 with all edition except enterprises ones) with updates and addons integrated.

All is working well except that edition names are still in English, can you fix this for the next version please.

Edited by mooms

Mooms, do you mean during installation or when select the image with W7T?

I remember having to change it back to name instead of displayname due to an issue but can't remember what.

Edited by Legolash2o

I can not integrate any updates (anything at all) in danish language in Windows 7 with W7T130-98RC ???????

issue solved...................... it was my f...... newly bought kis (kaspersky internet security) that caused the problems damm it,going back to eset nod ess.

Regards Ripmeoff

Edited by ripmeoff

I can not integrate any updates (anything at all) in danish language in Windows 7 with W7T130-98RC ???????

issue solved...................... it was my f...... newly bought kis (kaspersky internet security) that caused the problems damm it,going back to eset nod ess.

Regards Ripmeoff

lol. set w7t to exceptions..... KIS is much better than NOD)

Thats one opinion...

I preffer ESET (NOD) Over KIS anyday.

Hell for that fact ANYTHING is better than Norton\Symantec...

I healed many computers having NOD32 (ofc licenced and updated) with viruses.

20-30 or more PCs were infected and healed by DrWeb antivirus.

And can only remember 2 PCs having KIS with viruses in my life - they were healed by DrWeb again:)

So I pretty sure which best antivirus is...

dont know how many computers were healed by me (and DRweb) but not less than 1000.

totally agree about Norton\Symantec...

Edited by adminxp

As I can see, you went off-topic a bit here, so let me join in.

I am currently using Emsisoft Anti-Malware with Agnitum Outpost Firewall. I have also cured many machines with Dr.Web CureIt and I am interested to see how it is working with Windows 7. Will surely try to get couple of licenses for our giveaway.

http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/RAP/RAP-quadrant-Jun-Dec11-850.jpg - lol have just fixed the problem with G-data antivirus -by deleting this sh... and installing drweb.

g-data deleted infected ctfmon.exe in windows\system32 and user was unable to switch langugages lol. thanks G-data for deleting it....

Drweb- could just cure infected file, without deleting.

so my life tests are more usefull (especially for me)

Lego - we are waiting for the new version of W7T :)))

Mooms, do you mean during installation or when select the image with W7T?

I remember having to change it back to name instead of displayname due to an issue but can't remember what.

It is during install of course.

If i use imageX, to merge the images like this:

"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex.exe" /export "D:\x64\sources\install.wim" 4 "D:\x86\sources\install.wim" "Windows 7 ULTIMATE x64"

The names are in french during installation despite the fact i use english names to merge them.

Edited by mooms

Hi,

I have some questions for you that I couldn’t find the explanations by myself.

1- I tried to add the last win7 updates into install.wim -using W7T.

But for one of them gave a message saying "this will be done as unattended"!

I said OK, and it finished by adding an "apps" folder to the main directory.

It’s working very well :)

What I want to ask is: where do we have to write such commands? If we want to make some other changes after a while? -"which file"?

2- Last week I used "wimregistry editor" to apply my last regedit adjustments successfully.

Here again, I would like to ask the name of the "file" that the changes were written? (may need to make some more changes later)

Thanks...

Does "All in one integrator" skip already integrated updates to offline image?

Also can you make this program work better at larger DPI view ? (I'm using 125% larger because my vaio is 1920x1080 in 17,8inch monitor!!!)

Forgive me if my spelling is bad...

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I would like to use this Toolkit for one basic feature.

I don't like to click the All Programs folder under the Windows 7 Start Menu and then clicking over each folder in order to open the programs. I like to 'automatic' context/ hierarchical on the fly menus offered by XP.

Is there a way to configure this toolkit in order to offer the XP-like behavior?

Cheers,

Paulh

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I would like to use this Toolkit for one basic feature.

I don't like to click the All Programs folder under the Windows 7 Start Menu and then clicking over each folder in order to open the programs. I like to 'automatic' context/ hierarchical on the fly menus offered by XP.

Is there a way to configure this toolkit in order to offer the XP-like behavior?

Cheers,

Paulh

Windows 7 Toolkit is a marvelous tool that I highly recommend to everyone, but it does not have that feature, because Windows 7 does not have that feature. But you can get that feature, and you don't need this tool to get it. You want "Classic Shell" - http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/ - a free app that you can install on your running system. It can be configured to act in just that manner.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

Hey Legolash2o,

thank you so much for this great tool! I used to build Win7 images with RT7Lite which is really a pain in the ass compared to your great tool :D

I found just one little annoying bug that appears everytime I want to unmount an image file.

The "Errors.txt" file shows the following two entries:

sErr:
Form: All-In-One Tool (Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL)(frmAllInOne)
Description: Error trying to commit image
Status: Tool Name: All-In-One Tool (Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL)
Image Name: Microsoft Windows PE (x64)
Argument: /Unmount "E:\Temp\W7T\BootPE" /commit
WIM File: E:\Win7\SOURCES\boot.wim
Drive Type: Fixed
Free Space: 42.74 GB
File Exists: True
IsReady: True[/font][/color]
Exception: ExMessage: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden

sErr:
Image Name: Microsoft Windows Setup (x64)
Argument: /Unmount "E:\Temp\W7T\Boot" /commit
Free Space: 42,67 GB

The translation for the exception statement at the end is: The system cannot find the specified file

To fix this error, you only need to adjust the unmount-parameters for dism, because they do not work the way you implemented them.

Original parameters for dism.exe as currently used in the Windows 7 Toolkit v1.3.0 RC2:

/Unmount "E:\Temp\W7T\Boot" /commit

Fixed version (I could easily unmount the images with this before clicking on the OK button in the error message box):

/Unmount-Wim /MountDir:"E:\Temp\W7T\Boot" /commit

I hope you could fix this real quick since it affects only a single line of your code.

Edited by Thomas Kpunkt

Sorry for the late replied everyone, been busy at University and i need some time to collect a bunch of error logs and for people to report their errors so they can hopefully be fixed for the final release.

I've made a bunch of notes for what i need to do and i've replied to topics to where i think i'm needed.

It is during install of course.

If i use imageX, to merge the images like this:

The names are in french during installation despite the fact i use english names to merge them.

Yeah W7T will only show the images english names in WIM Manager but should still show the french during install, i'm not sure if it's in the last release but i've added some code where if you put your mouse over the item it will show its <DisplayName> value (french, etc..) rather than the <Name> value.

Hi,

I have some questions for you that I couldn’t find the explanations by myself.

1- I tried to add the last win7 updates into install.wim -using W7T.

But for one of them gave a message saying "this will be done as unattended"!

I said OK, and it finished by adding an "apps" folder to the main directory.

It’s working very well :)

What I want to ask is: where do we have to write such commands? If we want to make some other changes after a while? -"which file"?

2- Last week I used "wimregistry editor" to apply my last regedit adjustments successfully.

Here again, I would like to ask the name of the "file" that the changes were written? (may need to make some more changes later)

Thanks...

1. HKLM\W7T in the image registry.

2. <MountPath>\Windows\System32\config

Does "All in one integrator" skip already integrated updates to offline image?

Also can you make this program work better at larger DPI view ? (I'm using 125% larger because my vaio is 1920x1080 in 17,8inch monitor!!!)

Forgive me if my spelling is bad...

Sorta, W7T does not check but dism does and will skip the update if already integrated.

Hello everyone!

Cheers,

Paulh

Not currently, i don't think the XP start menu bar is available. Although i think someone posted a link after you posted.

Hey Legolash2o,

thank you so much for this great tool! I used to build Win7 images with RT7Lite which is really a pain in the ass compared to your great tool :D

I found just one little annoying bug that appears everytime I want to unmount an image file.

The "Errors.txt" file shows the following two entries:

sErr:
Image Name: Microsoft Windows PE (x64)
Argument: /Unmount "E:\Temp\W7T\BootPE" /commit
Free Space: 42.74 GB

sErr:
Image Name: Microsoft Windows Setup (x64)
Argument: /Unmount "E:\Temp\W7T\Boot" /commit
Free Space: 42,67 GB

The translation for the exception statement at the end is: The system cannot find the specified file

To fix this error, you only need to adjust the unmount-parameters for dism, because they do not work the way you implemented them.

Original parameters for dism.exe as currently used in the Windows 7 Toolkit v1.3.0 RC2:

/Unmount "E:\Temp\W7T\Boot" /commit

Fixed version (I could easily unmount the images with this before clicking on the OK button in the error message box):

/Unmount-Wim /MountDir:"E:\Temp\W7T\Boot" /commit

I hope you could fix this real quick since it affects only a single line of your code.

I still have to go through a bunch of error logs which i've received so can't say for certain what caused that error.

Lego = There was a rather annoying issue of the names and descriptions getting language and capitilaztions confusion when other languages were implemented.

Need more info :P

Edited by Legolash2o