Windows 7 Toolkit v1.3.0 Release Candidate 2

Legolash2o

Sorry for the late replied everyone, been busy at University and i need some time to collect a bunch of error logs and for people to report their errors so they can hopefully be fixed for the final release.

I've made a bunch of notes for what i need to do and i've replied to topics to where i think i'm needed.

It is during install of course.

If i use imageX, to merge the images like this:

The names are in french during installation despite the fact i use english names to merge them.

Yeah W7T will only show the images english names in WIM Manager but should still show the french during install, i'm not sure if it's in the last release but i've added some code where if you put your mouse over the item it will show its <DisplayName> value (french, etc..) rather than the <Name> value.

Hi,

I have some questions for you that I couldn’t find the explanations by myself.

1- I tried to add the last win7 updates into install.wim -using W7T.

But for one of them gave a message saying "this will be done as unattended"!

I said OK, and it finished by adding an "apps" folder to the main directory.

It’s working very well :)

What I want to ask is: where do we have to write such commands? If we want to make some other changes after a while? -"which file"?

2- Last week I used "wimregistry editor" to apply my last regedit adjustments successfully.

Here again, I would like to ask the name of the "file" that the changes were written? (may need to make some more changes later)

Thanks...

1. HKLM\W7T in the image registry.

2. <MountPath>\Windows\System32\config

Does "All in one integrator" skip already integrated updates to offline image?

Also can you make this program work better at larger DPI view ? (I'm using 125% larger because my vaio is 1920x1080 in 17,8inch monitor!!!)

Forgive me if my spelling is bad...

Sorta, W7T does not check but dism does and will skip the update if already integrated.

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I would like to use this Toolkit for one basic feature.

I don't like to click the All Programs folder under the Windows 7 Start Menu and then clicking over each folder in order to open the programs. I like to 'automatic' context/ hierarchical on the fly menus offered by XP.

Is there a way to configure this toolkit in order to offer the XP-like behavior?

Cheers,

Paulh

Not currently, i don't think the XP start menu bar is available. Although i think someone posted a link after you posted.

Hey Legolash2o,

thank you so much for this great tool! I used to build Win7 images with RT7Lite which is really a pain in the ass compared to your great tool :D

I found just one little annoying bug that appears everytime I want to unmount an image file.

The "Errors.txt" file shows the following two entries:

sErr:
Form: All-In-One Tool (Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL)(frmAllInOne)
Description: Error trying to commit image
Status: Tool Name: All-In-One Tool (Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL)
Image Name: Microsoft Windows PE (x64)
Argument: /Unmount "E:\Temp\W7T\BootPE" /commit
WIM File: E:\Win7\SOURCES\boot.wim
Drive Type: Fixed
Free Space: 42.74 GB
File Exists: True
IsReady: True[/font][/color]
Exception: ExMessage: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden

sErr:
Form: All-In-One Tool (Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL)(frmAllInOne)
Description: Error trying to commit image
Status: Tool Name: All-In-One Tool (Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL)
Image Name: Microsoft Windows Setup (x64)
Argument: /Unmount "E:\Temp\W7T\Boot" /commit
WIM File: E:\Win7\SOURCES\boot.wim
Drive Type: Fixed
Free Space: 42,67 GB
File Exists: True
IsReady: True[/font][/color]
Exception: ExMessage: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden

The translation for the exception statement at the end is: The system cannot find the specified file

To fix this error, you only need to adjust the unmount-parameters for dism, because they do not work the way you implemented them.

Original parameters for dism.exe as currently used in the Windows 7 Toolkit v1.3.0 RC2:

/Unmount "E:\Temp\W7T\Boot" /commit

Fixed version (I could easily unmount the images with this before clicking on the OK button in the error message box):

/Unmount-Wim /MountDir:"E:\Temp\W7T\Boot" /commit

I hope you could fix this real quick since it affects only a single line of your code.

I still have to go through a bunch of error logs which i've received so can't say for certain what caused that error.

Lego = There was a rather annoying issue of the names and descriptions getting language and capitilaztions confusion when other languages were implemented.

Need more info :P

Edited by Legolash2o

Enable SSL has a spelling mistake TSL --> TLS.

And shouldn't TLS be enabled? It's more secure than ssl (also enable TLS 1.1 and 1.2). Without these enabled xfire, steam etc won't work correctly.

I am still having problems copying files larger than 3.91GB to another smb drive (teracopy & windows copy both crash the OS).

Fixed the spelling mistake, not sure about the tweak, someone just requested for me to add it.

I don't know anything about the 3.91GB issue, what's an SMB drive?

I found the following below...

Found a solution!

In my case, a client had 2 external RAIDs, 2 different brands, 1 Firewire 800 the other firewire 400, Windows 7 Ultimate X64. The speed was terribly slow. I first installed the {Legacy} drivers for the IEEE devices and it did improve a little but barely. With a little digging I found a solution in the External Drives Properties.

The default Windows settings for FireWire-connected drives can reduce your External drive performance by as much as 90%. This problem is easily corrected, just follow these instructions:

1. Open "My Computer" or "Computer" from your (Start) Menu or Button.

2. Right-click the external Hard disk drive from the list and select "properties"

7. Click the "Hardware" tab.

8. Highlight the drive your having problems with from the drive list and click on "Properties".

9. Click on the “Policies” tab.

10. You will see two radio buttons - "Optimize for quick removal" and "optimize for performance".

11. If not selected, select "Optimize for performance" and click on "OK". If running Vista or Windows 7 also check "enable write caching on the disk".

12. Click on "OK" and exit.

Lighting speeds should now be reached.

This problem can affect XP, Vista or Windows 7. It may improve performance for any drive connected via FireWire.

Good Luck!

-----------

tried loads of things even microsoft recommended settings. found this great......its bloody works, thanks to the super brain who worked it out

Go to

1. Control panel

2. System and Maintenance

3. Administrative tools

4. Run services shortcut

Once the services program loads find the services called Background intelligent transfer service and stop it

also right click on the same service and click properties then change the start value to manual or disabled this should also fix the network problem and USB copy and paste problem

Edited by Legolash2o

Legolash2o

After you create an ISO image from a USB drive will not start. The image only runs from the CD-ROM. Maybe your utility "Create ISO" substitutes the original boot loader

Make a new topic with the problem + more details and i will have a look at the issue.