stop 0x67 config_initialization_failed BSOD

EB1000

Hi

I"ve been using the same reg file for some time with older w7t 1.3 version w/o a problem. But with the latest builds when I try to install windows on any machine, after first time logon attemnpt I get a BSOD with stop 0x67 config_initialization_failed. I notied that in the chage log the reg file intergation was chnged. Could this be the problem?

Thanks

I've made Legolash aware of this issue yesterday. It's generated 100% by addon integration. I spent alot of time actually trying to figure out the cause.

For the moment please do not integrate addons in your custom build, or integrate them with an older build - here is v84. Anything else can be integrated with build 95, except addons, with no BSOD-like feature. :D

Hopefully in v96 this will be fixed. :)

Actually, I tested it and still got the same BSOD with build 96. :( Can anyone else confirm/infirm?

LE: Remember, it's related to addons. If you don't integrate addons in your custom build of windows, you won't get this kind of BSOD at the second phase of windows installation process.

Edited by RicaNeaga

Both of those addons integrate just fine with build 84. I haven't tryed them on their own (yet), but if I was to put my money on one of those it would be Whatinstartup. Hopefully you'll figure this bug out without me testing them on their own... sorry but I'm fed up with installing windows (in the past 5 days probably I've done it for ~15-20 times). Maybe in a couple of days. :)

OK, Did some more testing. If I use the "all in one" at one session i do get the BSOD with the Unlocker addon, as well with the KB2533552 update which for some reason is being treated as a addon (creates a Apps directory), but if i first install updtaes, then remove features, and last, install some addons using 3 seperate sessions (including umlocker64 but not whatsinstartup) I do not get the BSOD... So the problem remains (compared to pre 84 version). Since I do not have the ability to virtually test a 64bit built (my second PC is 32bit), I so far wasted 6 DVD medias.. So i think I"ll wait untill this issue if fully fixed (unless someone knows how to virtually test a 64bit image on 32bit machine)

OK I did further testings. The problem IS NOT RELATED TO ADDONS!!!! I integrated all of Solor's updates and removed components. All worked fine. then I only integrated a reg tweak file, and rebuild the image, now getting the BSOD Did the very same with th 84 version' no BSOD. Looks like a magor reg integration bug in the 90+ version. This can also happen to addons that make use og a regfile depending on the integration method. Looks like any version above 84 is virtually useless...

OK I did further testings. The problem IS NOT RELATED TO ADDONS!!!! I integrated all of Solor's updates and removed components. All worked fine. then I only integrated a reg tweak file, and rebuild the image, now getting the BSOD Did the very same with th 84 version' no BSOD. Looks like a magor reg integration bug in the 90+ version. This can also happen to addons that make use og a regfile depending on the integration method. Looks like any version above 84 is virtually useless...

i integrated only solors updates and still got the bsod on x64 using a clean msdn sp1 aio image. a few versions back all was working fine. cant say i dont blame w7t :)

Just an update Windows 7 with Unlocker is being installed however, i did notice something in the registry file was not getting converted and that was 'CurrentControlSet' which should change to 'ControlSet001', this could probably cause the BSOD errors, have you guys imported any registry files specifically with 'CurrentControlSet' in it?

Not me. But I do however use tweaks... maybe those tweaks make changes to the registry...

Question though: when you tested the two addons and got a BSOD, did you also integrated tweaks / imported reg files? If not, then I don't see why you're asking about that CurrentControlSet, from what you've said I only understand that W7T integrated those addons on their own, but had problems with both of them...

Edited by RicaNeaga

Unlocker caused a BSOD, however i manually mounted the image using Registry Hive Mounter and removed CurrentControlSet and put everything in ControlSet001 and Windows installed fine. :D

from version 97 it should be fine :D

Edited by Legolash2o

Sorry if I'm too interogative... but then why build 84 doesn't have any problems with Unlocker? Or in the latest buils something changed that made that CurrentControlSet not change its value? I just want to understand what was the really big fuss (aka BSOD) about :D

Edited by RicaNeaga

Because before it didn't convert all the registry values properly which i fixed. Seems like i fixed it to well that everything got converted correctly. On v84 some values would not of got converted and would of applied to the current installation which is why you wouldn't of received a BSOD after install.

Now after i 'fixed' the conversion code. HKLM\\System\\CurrentControlSet got converted into HKLM\\WIM_System\\CurrentControlSet but WIM images don't have a currentcontrolset and just have controlset001 and controlset002, v97 now correctly convert it and you should not longer get BSODs, i just need EB1000 to post that reg tweak he mentioned above to see it it contained 'CurrentControlSet'

EDIT: If you want me to send you a test version, feel free to PM me... :)

Edited by Legolash2o