drivers counter disappear after removing invalid drivers

adminxp

adminxp

If you do not mind, why do you use several drivers?

win7 recognises most devices :)

i install win7 to very different hardware. many devices dont work, because no drivers installed and sometimes it is LAN\WLAN drivers - so i cant download others via internet - they must be in OS.

also integrated drivers reduce my working time with PCs.

so i earn enough and have plenty of time for myself (to sleep, to relax, to drive for fun, to f_to love:))

Edited by adminxp

I never integrate drivers unless i'm making an image for a specific machine. I just have a drivers folder on the DVD root. Your 2,000 drivers are going to be integrated on every image you select which will require A LOT of time to integrate them all and will make a much bigger install.wim.

adminxp i advise you to do the same, just have a Drivers folder on your DVD root and install the drivers manually. That way you will save yourself hours of integration, quicker install time and less crap on the computers due to drivers they don't need!

I never integrate drivers unless i'm making an image for a specific machine. I just have a drivers folder on the DVD root. Your 2,000 drivers are going to be integrated on every image you select which will require A LOT of time to integrate them all and will make a much bigger install.wim.

adminxp i advise you to do the same, just have a Drivers folder on your DVD root and install the drivers manually. That way you will save yourself hours of integration, quicker install time and less crap on the computers due to drivers they don't need!

i told - i have been making 2000+ drivers since 2005 and windows xp - it was the best solution.

i dont sit near the PC during integration - i start it and do other work\playing games or go for a work.

i spent not much time on integration.

I usually only Integrate some Mass Storage and LAN/WLAN drivers (so it supports basically any hardware, that I own or have built for my friends), all others are automated to download via internet...

@adminxp its not advisable to integrate so much drivers, it would be "waste of space" after install, because windows copies whole "driver storage" onto HDD...

In your case, you`ll end up with a ~70-80GB Windows folder after install, which is almost impossible to clean up afterwards, without breaking anything.

Edited by Etz

dont worry - 65 gigs - these are drivers for win95-to win7x64. i have been collecting them since 1997.

so win7 drivers are 25 GIGS for both x86 and x64.

also there are some installers there, so the really needed files (inf\sys\dll\cat and so on) are even less.

:cap:

LOL that's awesome, why do you have Windows 95-2000 still??

i just already have them - dont want them to erase.

os image after integrating\rebuildint expands only by 2.7 GIGs with all those drivers)

*1.3.0.97RC^New 7zip method - what is this - where is it using? what gives and what takes;)))