Hamachi

NIM

What it is

pretty.png

Hamachi is a zero-configuration virtual private networking application.

In other words Hamachi is a program that allows you to arrange multiple computers into their own secure network just as if they were connected by a physical network cable.

Hamachi is fast, secure and simple. Its core version is also free.

What's in it for me

Hamachi gives you LAN over the Internet.

Virtually any application that works over local/home networks can also be used over Hamachi networks.

Think - Windows File Sharing, iTunes, Remote Desktop, Remote Assistance or even gaming. All fully encrypted, authenticated and peer-to-peer.

Technology

Hamachi is a zero-configuration virtual private networking application with an open security architecture and NAT-to-NAT traversal capabilities.

Hamachi is the first application to mix seemingly unrelated networking technologies in one powerful package to deliver an unprecedented level of direct peer-to-peer connectivity. More ...

Security

Hamachi is secure. All Hamachi communications are encrypted and authenticated with industry-standard algorithms and protocols. Nobody will be able to see what two Hamachi peers are talking about. Not even us.

However what is equally important - Hamachi security architecture is completely open meaning that its detailed description is available for the review and validation to anyone interested. More ...

Ease of Use

A special effort went into designing and polishing Hamachi user interface. The result is sleek, simple and intuitive, while still very much functional. Everything you need, nothing you don't.

Hamachi software contains no spyware, bannerware or any other -ware unrelated to its purpose. And it never will.

Download

• 2 months later...

Big thanx to cygnus for this software, was looking something for my friends in croatia to play some battlefield 1942 (desert combat) against bots. lube you for this :clap: :wub:

and thanx n1k for this thread. love you 2 ;) :thumbsup:

Edited by NiX

Big thanx to cygnus for this software, was looking something for my friends in croatia to play some battlefield 1942 against bots. love you for this :)

and thanx n1k for this thread. love you 2 ;)

Not just for gaming, this piece of software is actually LAN over WAN, which means sharing of documents is possible..

Not just for gaming, this piece of software is actually LAN over WAN, which means sharing of documents is possible..

I know what it is n1k :P

I used other software for vpn but they where crap compared to this, and much more complex to configure.

Great app :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

I saw the message in the shoutbox from prx984, requesting the ability to add the Hamachi status in the signature.

I've just contacted my friend Mike with proposition to host this script again and got positive response from him.

You can get it HERE.

Signature creator will be up soon and it will reside HERE

Pretty much all of them. However, I think it's having problems with IE7.

EDIT: Supports all of these:

MSIE 5

MSIE 4

MSIE 6

MSIE 7

Firefox

SeaMonkey

Camino

K-Meleon

Konqueror

Links

Lynx

OmniWeb

w3m

Shiira

OffByOne

Flock

Safari

Netscape

Mozilla

Opera

Edited by gamehead200

Pretty much all of them. However, I think it's having problems with IE7.

EDIT: Supports all of these:

MSIE 5

MSIE 4

MSIE 6

MSIE 7

Firefox

SeaMonkey

Camino

K-Meleon

Konqueror

Links

Lynx