SoLoR Update KB2603229-x64 Bug?

compstuff

sorry I should have been clearer... need more coffee :-)

When I do the SoLor SP1 Updates downloads, I select my folder and then Win 7 x64...it searches for all the updates and ALWAYS tells me I need KB2603229

1327752289-clip-78kb.png

1327752428-clip-78kb.png

Edited by compstuff

No... this is a clean initial setup with WT7 from a working technet ISO... no ANYTHING except looking to check SoLoR updates after selecting my file source.

I come from some old world techniques and I ALWAYS prepare a new and clean mount from my ISO and do a SoLoR update and then use a copied version of that updated mount to THEN do my Mass Storage and CPU drivers... then I make a copy of THAT mount and use the copy for tweaks etc. Thats my testing method from doing HUNDREDS of tests with RVMI and Driver Packs.

SO once again this was a untouched extraction of files from my ISO and then selecting it.

Edited by compstuff

I can actually reproduce this but i don't know what's causing this. I'm going to look at this now :)

EDIT: Found the problem, the update is on SoLoR update server twice, i've notified SoLoR on his forum and hopefully the issue will be resolved.

Edited by Legolash2o

I come from some old world techniques and I ALWAYS prepare a new and clean mount from my ISO and do a SoLoR update and then use a copied version of that updated mount to THEN do my Mass Storage and CPU drivers... then I make a copy of THAT mount and use the copy for tweaks etc. Thats my testing method from doing HUNDREDS of tests with RVMI and Driver Packs.

I totally agree that this is the absolute best way to do things, especially while trying to fine tune or trouble shoot things. Takes more space but isolates issues and saves time in the long run. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Cheers and Regards

Oh My NO need to apologize... I appreciate the feedback and support... after all thats what makes a great support forum :D and this is certainly a great tool and I look forward to its continuing development. I have done literally years of testing and using Driverpacks and RVMI which is why I recognize many names on here. From what I see of this so far it seems like a tool I may be using for the next few years :D

I totally agree that this is the absolute best way to do things, especially while trying to fine tune or trouble shoot things. Takes more space but isolates issues and saves time in the long run. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Cheers and Regards

• 3 weeks later...