Mount Folders.

Worf

Hi.

Where does W7T put the mounted image? According to the settings they are supposed be on the C: drive (C:\W7TMount), but when i look there are no folders. I have checked in the Local and the other folders but can't seem to find the folder.

When i close W7T it doesn't seem to commit the changes to the Wim file.

Example:

I used RT7Lite to intergrate SP1 as i could not find an option in W7T. Then i used W7T to intergrate Solor's updates.

As im not to keen with the option on the component removal as i don't find them very clear as to what they are, i used RT7Lite to remove components as it is more clear as to what they are.

After using RT7Lite i commited the changes to the Wim file.

Now, when i check the size the source, it said 2.59GB. When i open W7T and click the 'All-In-One-Tool', Loads the already mounted image and say's it is 10GB. For some reason, W7T is not commiting the changes when it is closed!

How can i find where the image is mounted and how can i get W7T to load the new changed Wim file?

Many Thanks

Worf

Hi Worf,

As I understand it, you will only see data in the with C:\W7T directory while W7toolkit is doing it's magic. I have verfified this with this All-In-One tool but cannot speak for others because I have not tested everything nor do I fully understand how it all works yet.

When you say close out the pogram, do you mean hit the "start" button in the upper left hand corner??

-Digital

Hi.

Where does W7T put the mounted image? According to the settings they are supposed be on the C: drive (C:\W7TMount), but when i look there are no folders. I have checked in the Local and the other folders but can't seem to find the folder.

Example:

I used RT7Lite to intergrate SP1 as i could not find an option in W7T. Then i used W7T to intergrate Solor's updates.

As im not to keen with the option on the component removal as i don't find them very clear as to what they are, i used RT7Lite to remove components as it is more clear as to what they are.

Now, when i check the size the source, it said 2.59GB. When i open W7T and click the 'All-In-One-Tool', Loads the already mounted image and say's it is 10GB. For some reason, W7T is not commiting the changes when it is closed!

How can i find where the image is mounted and how can i get W7T to load the new changed Wim file?

Many Thanks

Worf

Hi digitalnerd.

Thank you for you reply. Even if i have W7T running there are no folders and when i mean close W7T, i mean i click on the red X , top right corner.

I have checked my C: and D: drives for W7T folders and could not find them.

Worf,

I just downloaded and fired up W7T for the first time on new machine and the W7T folder is NOT there, it must appear when I start doing actual work with the tool. Not sure if that helps or not.

Another you should try is going to the setting within W7T and change the file path or the temp directory and others to something else besides C:\

Maybe try path to desktop?? Commit a few minor changes and see what happens. Try and save your preset too!

- Digital

When you use All-In-One Tool, the install.wim image with your customized choices is mounted inside the folders [C:\W7T\Mount] created by W7T.

You can also read the log files and other files inside :

C:\W7T130-98RC\Last Sessions

C:\W7T130-98RC\Mount Logs

In this scenario I have expanded W7T inside C:\W7T130-98RC

And when all is done, W7T removes the folders: [C:\W7T\Mount] !

Edited by myselfidem

I can sympathize with your difficulties of understanding all the capabilities of a tool as complicated as W7T. And you are absolutely correct to ask for guidance. However, this is not the RT7Lite help forum. RT7Lite, as popular as it is, has not been updated in a long time and has many known bugs. Trying to intermingle the operations of the tools is asking for trouble and I doubt that will be supported by Legolash2o. I wouldn't if I were he.

You can't find the option to integrate SP1 into Win7 using W7T because there is not one. Why do it? The Win7 disc with SP1 already integrated is available for download. See here - http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/topic/8906-windows-7-sp1-disk/

As far as I understand, the mounted image folder is only used as a working location that is emptied when it is not needed or W7T is closed. There have been reports of problems when this location is changed, so I would not recommend changing it. I'm not sure I understand why you want to look at the mounted folders while they are being worked on.

To better understand how the various parts of W7T work, I would suggest obtaining the correct Win7+SP1 source. Use W7T to add SoLoR's updates. Verify that worked the way you thought it should, using a VM or whatever way you are comfortable with. Now go back in and play with the removals if you like. Personally I wouldn't, I would just tweak the services or whatever to not run what I don't need, but I know some people like to remove what they're not going to need. Ask for specific guidance if a removal option does not make sense. WHAT are you trying to remove?

If you insist on using RT7Lite for your removals, ask on their forums for help if the source is not reduced.

Since removals should always be the last step in the source modification process, why are you needing to reload the image back into W7T?

I could be wrong, but I believe going back and forth between the tools to edit your source is a process that is doomed to failure. Pick one and stick with it and live with the shortcomings of the tool you pick. If it doesn't do what you need, then help make the tool better with interaction with the developer by asking questions, submitting requests, testing, and providing feedback. [Lots of luck trying to do that with RT7Lite!]

Keep us informed with your progress.

Cheers and Regards

Hi.

Example:

Many Thanks

Worf

I'm not talking about RT7Lite, i am talking about W7T not creating the mount folder where it should be created, ie 'C:\W7tMount'.

Even though in the settings file it says that the mount folder is to be created on 'C:\W7TMount' and i have searched my whole drive and could not find where W7T has created it.

The strange thing is that when i restart W7T, it reloads the already mounted image even though i can not find where it created the W7TMount directory.

I have used W7T before along side RT7Lite without any problems. And the reason i need the Mount directory is that i manually copy my small apps, fonts, themes, DX10.1, Flash Player ect into the Wim file, then use W7T to import the reg files.

Regards

Worf

• 2 weeks later...