v1.4.0 Sneak Peek

Legolash2o

You should really split Ease of access Themes and Basic/Classic theme into two removable components.

For now, it removes Both ;)

So it would be option, to keep Aero.basic and Classic but remove all other "ease" themes...

BTW those "redesigned" screens look great :dancing:

Edited by Etz

Also you can remove User & Public folder re-locating tweak, as unattended creator already does that.

Last time I tested, it created various problems, including setup failure (inability to install) while Unnatended Creator way works without problems. ;)

Edited by Etz

i think that is much better than the old tweaks menu.much less cluttered and simple for new users also.just ran into my first error using v1.4 is says could not extract kb2575866 x64.cab.cannot find kb2575866x64.cab.but the file is there it only throws error after completion of all tasks and completes integation.i will make another image just to make sure though.just a suggestion under web browsers you have three icons for ie 9.could you have 1 icon with link to different version.would make it cleaner and less confusing for beginners.also woul it be possible under solor update additions to seperate x64 and x86 options instead of both.or maybe have it as an option for one or the other,although im not sure if its possible.thanks keep up the great work the new toolkit is looking very professional loving it. :dancing:

1) I think that is much better than the old tweaks menu.much less cluttered and simple for new users also.just ran into my first error using v1.4 is says could not extract kb2575866 x64.cab.cannot find kb2575866x64.cab.but the file is there it only throws error after completion of all tasks and completes integation.i will make another image just to make sure though.

2) Just a suggestion under web browsers you have three icons for ie 9.could you have 1 icon with link to different version.would make it cleaner and less confusing for beginners

3) Would it be possible under solor update additions to seperate x64 and x86 options instead of both.or maybe have it as an option for one or the other,although im not sure if its possible.thanks keep up the great work the new toolkit is looking very professional loving it. :dancing:

1)Yeah, previously W7T did not show any errors at all during All-In-One, this is so users could leave their computers of night and not have an error box, v1.4 collects any errors and shows them at the end using the new error box. I received your error log.

EDIT: Fixed bug.

2) I don't think there is anything confusing about 'Internet Explorer EXE', 'Internet Explorer x86 MSU' and 'Internet Explorer x64 MSU', they also have tooltips.

3) They already are separated :/ So i'm going to assume you're on about 'Additions'.

Edited by Legolash2o

I've spend 6-7 hours updates the tweaks screen, here's a print screen of it...

What do you guys think?

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Small suggestion, though.

Could you make those checkboxes behave like Windows handles them?

All items chosen, top level checkbox gets ticked.

Not all items chosen, top level checkbox gets filled.

post-3142-0-38496000-1331719846.png

Off Topic: Am I the only one, who has frequent problems reaching this forum and wincert.net site?

Edited by Etz

Small suggestion, though.

Could you make those checkboxes behave like Windows handles them?

All items chosen, top level checkbox gets ticked.

Not all items chosen, top level checkbox gets filled.

post-3142-0-38496000-1331719846.png

Off Topic: Am I the only one, who has frequent problems reaching this forum and wincert.net site?

I'll give it a go. Nope, don't have any issues at all.

yes sorrym lego i did mean additions i was testing very late last night.

It's how they are organised on the website but i will see what i can do.

EDIT: Just checked the website and not all of the files have x86 or x64 in them so can't really do this request :(

Edited by Legolash2o

You have to be an alpha tester, unfortunately the forum only allows a maximum of 15 users in a conversation so i can't add anyone else :(

Nevermind... if my request didnt qualify back then, then fine by me... :)

Edited by Etz

Just keeping you all up-to-date:

*1.4.0.1^NEW: Addon Maker lets you edit addons

*1.4.0.1^NEW: UEFI support added for ISO Maker

*1.4.0.1^NEW: Lots of GUI changes

*1.4.0.1^NEW: Driver Installer lets you install/remove drivers on the live system.

*1.4.0.1^NEW: Update Installer now lets you uninstall updates

*1.4.0.1^NEW: You can now save or load AIO lists individually without affecting the other lists

*1.4.0.1^FIX: MSU could not convert if you selected output path as drive root

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Some tools did not report which image was being mounted/unmounted properly

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Could not extract file is'SevenZipSharp.dll' was missing.

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Fixed a potential language pack integration bug.

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Fix a language pack integration bug where a 'license' folder could not be copied

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Fixed an issue where adding updates did not cancel on request using Update Integrated

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Fixed 'Read Task.txt' in AIO Integrator

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Removed hand cursor from Welcome Tab (Tools Manager)

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Current OS option in AIO did not uncheck if user selected no

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Better detection of architecture for drivers

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Some files did not extract properly if 'ExtractTo' folder was not created first

*1.4.0.1^FIX: CAB Retriever did not copy files.

*1.4.0.1^TWEAK: Change DPI Setting

*1.4.0.1^Tidied up Addon Maker, centered things, etc..

*1.4.0.1^In Addon Maker, variables will show tooltip showing where files will go

Could you also add Firefox link Into downloads tab?

Then all major browsers would be there and it would be more consistent?

Also could you create custom submenu for custom Reg tweaks?

For now they are getting alla added into the end, but all built in tweaks use nested layout... ;)

Edited by Etz

I'm sure Legolash2o must have missed your earlier request to be included.

Cheers and Regards

Dont worry I`m not dissapointed... (even if I sounded like, english isnt my primary language)