v1.4.0 Sneak Peek

Legolash2o

for 1.4.0 i won't be using stages such as ALPHA, BETA, RC or FINAL.

Anyways some news.... Seems like i may have to remove XP support as i can't get imagex to work on XP. I've found an issue with the DISM installer as well but i'll fix that later.

Legolash2o

can i be a beta tester??? i wish to try it and help you out a lil bit...

just a question... have you looked for the RT7 - www.rt7lite.com -.... the way how the designer ordered the tweaks and settings its a nice way to do it...

and.... do you think to add a function to save what I edited/removed on the image? just to be easier to redo in a near future... =)

cheers =)

I am also on Windows 8 CP, can you add me as alpha/beta tester? :) I have a look on removing components :) I saw, there are some new different packages from Windows 7 .. :)

In attached file is list of Windows 8 CP Packages, except Metro packages, which I posted in request forum ;) I will have a look on it and post new packages with informations etc.. :)

8_Packages.txt

Edited by George King

The big fixes list is getting bigger thanks to the great work of the alpha testers. :jerry:

*1.4.0.1^NEW: Addon Maker lets you edit addons

*1.4.0.1^NEW: Added antivirus detection

*1.4.0.1^NEW: UEFI support added for ISO Maker

*1.4.0.1^NEW: Lots of GUI changes

*1.4.0.1^NEW: Driver Installer lets you install/remove drivers on the live system.

*1.4.0.1^NEW: Update Installer now lets you uninstall updates

*1.4.0.1^NEW: You can now save or load AIO lists individually without affecting the other lists

*1.4.0.1^FIX: MSU could not convert if you selected output path as drive root

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Some tools did not report which image was being mounted/unmounted properly

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Could not extract file is 'SevenZipSharp.dll' was missing.

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Could not extract file is 'Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary.dll' was missing.

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Unattended Creator no longer lets you use invalid characters for 'Computer Name'

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Fixed a potential language pack integration bug.

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Fix a language pack integration bug where a 'license' folder could not be copied

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Fixed an issue where adding updates did not cancel on request using Update Integrated

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Fixed 'Read Task.txt' in AIO Integrator

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Removed hand cursor from Welcome Tab (Tools Manager)

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Current OS option in AIO did not uncheck if user selected no

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Better detection of architecture for drivers

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Some files did not extract properly if 'ExtractTo' folder was not created first

*1.4.0.1^FIX: CAB Retriever did not copy files.

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Fixed issue when adding unattended tried to replace itself.

*1.4.0.1^FIX: Fixed error which sometimes occured if WIM Registry Editor did not mount properly

*1.4.0.1^TWEAK: Change DPI Setting

*1.4.0.1^Tidied up Addon Maker, centered things, etc..

*1.4.0.1^In Addon Maker, variables will show tooltip showing where files will go

Excellent work as usual Legolash, loving the new layouts, good design work. I'm looking forward to the option of being able to remove already installed SoLoR updates for the updated updates (???) when they're updated.

Would love to have helped as an Alpha Tester, but HMG have forced me to work for capitalist organisations for peanuts. I wear a monkey suit :D

Edited by ElmerBeFuddled

Excellent work as usual Legolash, loving the new layouts, good design work. I'm looking forward to the option of being able to remove already installed SoLoR updates for the updated updates (???) when they're updated.

I'm assuming you mean a live system? The new Online Updater (which lets you integrated updates into the currently installed OS) also says which updates are superseded and lets you remove them :) If it's an image you want to remove an update from then component remover tool will do that for you.

Would love to have helped as an Alpha Tester, but HMG have forced me to work for capitalist organisations for peanuts. I wear a monkey suit :D

Ah, i'm assuming you're doing that new scheme for the unemployed to work for people like Tesco :P Problem i see with that is Tesco would fire their actually staff and then re-hire them for free via job centre :/

Edited by Legolash2o