LDR Placeholders Questions

compstuff

Rick,

I know I have asked many questions about this and we all know it seems to be a source of confusion so I would like to ask again for your insight and we can get this info included in the new version and guide.

Based on what you mention above and the way 1.4 downloads the SoLoR updates and creates a LDR Placeholders folder... if I check the LDR option and want to include the LDR branch do I keep this placeholders folder so the integration sees them and forces the LDR branch or do I delete the folder so that they are not integrated? What is the definitive way to integrate the LDR branch?

Not intending to double post but I also posted here http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/topic/8875-ldr-placeholder/page__p__83319#entry83319 because I thought it was in this forum and not the WIN 7 forum

As what compstuff said, this has been asked, but just to make it clearer...

...., if you force the LDR branch with a script or w7t you dont need them

This is more clearer and straightforward...

Placeholders are only needed if you do regular integration/installs, ....

This is somehow not clear to me, as in, how will I integrate it [method - assuming I will be integrating from a fresh source with SP1] and at what stage before the regular updates or after?

Thanks in advance...

As far as I know, for all Windows modification/integration tools including RVM Integrator, nLite, Windows 7 Toolkit and any of the others, there is always a risk/likelihood for problems if you try to integrate again on top of a source that was already modified. I think if you start from scratch with a clean source each month, or however often you rebuild your install disk, things will go much smoother.

Cheers and Regards

That is exactly what I do... I never "re-Integrate" ...I make new ones and use updated drivers, hotfixes, addons, etc.

As far as I know, for all Windows modification/integration tools including RVM Integrator, nLite, Windows 7 Toolkit and any of the others, there is always a risk/likelihood for problems if you try to integrate again on top of a source that was already modified. I think if you start from scratch with a clean source each month, or however often you rebuild your install disk, things will go much smoother.

Cheers and Regards