[Solved] Silent installs via USB not working

ottuh

Just reinstalled my laptop with my USB-stick. I removed all the ATTRIB commands (so the apps folders wasn't a system folder). But, the silent installs weren't working..

I'm going to make a new installation with the alpha version of W7T. I'll keep you updated!

y, i also reported this earlier. Even after selecting Apps folder or USB root drive nothing happens. Also tried select apps folder on my HDD, still same.

But it works flawlessly in virtual box/WMware.

Edited by makatec

Hopefully the alpha build with error logging will find the issue :)

Can you please open your image with WIM Registry Editor, load 'Software', export HKLM\\WIM_Software\\W7T key and send me it please? :)

and also take a print screen of your dvd/usb root?

Edited by Legolash2o

Hopefully the alpha build with error logging will find the issue :)

Can you please open your image with WIM Registry Editor, load 'Software', export HKLM\\WIM_Software\\W7T key and send me it please? :)

and also take a print screen of your dvd/usb root?

From which version? My 'problematic' version or the one made with the alpha version off W7T?

Glad you finally got it sorted (PM), unfortunately i can't publish what caused it without breaking the forum rules :P Lets just say something caused Windows to reboot before W7T had a chance to load.

Edited by Legolash2o

One thing.

Not all 'silent installs' are completely silent.

For some exe files Windows is asking if I'm sure to open them. Is there something I can do about this?

EDIT:

At the end of the silent install progres, I get a popup 'Runonce is about the restart your computer' with a countdown. But it doesn't restart my computer!

Edited by ottuh

I also just got that and confirm it doesn't reboot... the header states "aborting" which was alarming during the install

EDIT:

At the end of the silent install progres, I get a popup 'Runonce is about the restart your computer' with a countdown. But it doesn't restart my computer!

In my case there's another weird behaviour, or maybe others didn't noticed it. There's something wrong with the new RunOnce (Windows 7 Toolkit Installer 4.2.1).

Just before first logon, during installing switchless installers, it gets in a loop. As usual, I went away from the computer, expecting to find the desktop at my return. Insted, I got 10 (!) different windows of W7T, all stuck at the 7th installer out of 19 (Kel's Runtimes 1.4). So the first 6 switchless installers were installed 10 times on my pc. :(

It may be a conflict with Kel's installer, but since also other people is having a similar problem... myabe it's duplicable if other people won't interfere with the process. But please also check Kel's installer.

Who's naughty you or me? Now you have me wondering LOL

I know what that issue is, i did something silly, can't do anything now because I'm at work and don't finish until late :(

Theres only one reason it prompts to restart, naughty naughty :P

Just before first logon, during installing switchless installers, it gets in a loop.

It may be a conflict with Kel's Runtimes 1.4

This is happening again with build 1.4.0.9 - version 4.2.2 of Windows 7 Toolkit Installer. The loop happened right after Windows 7 Toolkit Installer arrived at the seventh switchless installer - Kel's Runtimes, and it started another instance. Only after I stopped the second instance the install process continued with the first instance, and finished all 19 silent installers. So, please check:

1. Kel's installer - maybe this is the cause;

2. What exactly is the conflict - maybe other switchless installers are built the same as Kel's, so it may happen again;

3. Please check those Silent Installers options in AIO - W7T Installer background and logo - I can confirm at least the W7T Installer logo change option it's not working. Or (better) remove those ''cosmetical/whim" options in AIO.

This is happening again with build 1.4.0.9 - version 4.2.2 of Windows 7 Toolkit Installer. The loop happened right after Windows 7 Toolkit Installer arrived at the seventh switchless installer - Kel's Runtimes, and it started another instance. Only after I stopped the second instance the install process continued with the first instance, and finished all 19 silent installers. So, please check:

1. Kel's installer - maybe this is the cause;

2. What exactly is the conflict - maybe other switchless installers are built the same as Kel's, so it may happen again;

3. Please check those Silent Installers options in AIO - W7T Installer background and logo - I can confirm at least the W7T Installer logo change option it's not working. Or (better) remove those ''cosmetical/whim" options in AIO.

There is a issue with my runtimes installer IF youre using it on a 32bit windows :(

I accidently used the 64bit iexpress. I will upload a new one tomight.

Thanks Kels, long time no talk, hope you're alright and things are going well :)

EDIT 1: Anyways i'll add some code that if the program is already running it won't run again :)

EDIT 2: Done.

Edited by Legolash2o