[Solved] Silent installs via USB not working

ottuh

There is a issue with my runtimes installer IF youre using it on a 32bit windows :(

I accidently used the 64bit iexpress. I will upload a new one tomight.

Actually the issues happened on a 64-bit ultimate windows. so it's very weird. I'm waiting for the new installer and I'll try again.

And I'm sorry you're going over a tough period... but I'm sure ''better times'' will come :)

Edited by RicaNeaga

Yeah i guess its going ok.

last tue (the 27th) marked the 1 year anniversary of my wifes death.

Sorry to hear that, but as Rica said, things will get better but i'm glad you're ok :)

Actually the issues happened on a 64-bit ultimate windows. so it's very weird. I'm waiting for the new installer and I'll try again.

Done, if the RunOnce is already running then it will just bring the current RunOnce to the front(focus), i also did the same thing to W7T itself.

Making sure that only one instance is run - just great! :) And please don''t forget about no. 3 :D

3. Please check those Silent Installers options in AIO - W7T Installer background and logo - I can confirm at least the W7T Installer logo change option it's not working. Or (better) remove those ''cosmetical/whim" options in AIO.

Just used my USB stick to reinstall my computer. Before the silent installs are starting, my pc rebooted. But this time in stead of skipping the silent install, they were installed after my pc rebooted. You now how to fix this?

Can you provide us the new RunOnce maybe, so we don't need to remake the whole install?

Edited by ottuh

They're supposed to install after the Windows installation.

If i remember correctly, you can just mount the image and then unmount it (save) straight after and it will replace the RunOnce.exe with the latest.

Yes, I know.

But you said you changed RunOnce, to prevent windows from shutting down after the installation of my piece of software I can't talk about (if you know what I mean) was finished. But my PC rebooted after finishing that piece of software, after the reboot it was installing my silent installs (as it should), but that reboot in between shouldn't be there.

I'll try to add the latest RunOnce.exe in my installation and I'll let you know!

Update: I've just added code which detects a shutdown and then aborts it :)

Haven't had the change to test it in the RunOnce environment

Thanks will test it!

Did you read my message on the previous page? With some silent installs windows is asking me if I'm sure to open the exe file.

Something like this window is shown:

disable-open-file-warning-in-windows-7-1.png

So, the installation is not completely silent, first I need to click run before the installation continues.

Can you do something about this?

They're supposed to install after the Windows installation.

If i remember correctly, you can just mount the image and then unmount it (save) straight after and it will replace the RunOnce.exe with the latest.

I mounted my image with Windows 7 Toolkit build 1.4.0.12 by Opening WIM Manager, location my USB-stick, clicking on Mount. The mounted system is saved to C:\W7T\Mount.

I opened C:\W7T\Mount\Windows\System32 en check the file version for W7TRunOnce.exe, it's showing me 4.3.1.0. Is this the newest version?

Then I unmounted the image, so now version 4.3.1.0 should be included in my USB-stick?

When I open C:\Windows\System32 en check the file version for W7TRunOnce.exe, it's showing me 4.2.1.0.So this should mean a new version is added to my USB-Stick?

I mounted my image with Windows 7 Toolkit build 1.4.0.12 by Opening WIM Manager, location my USB-stick, clicking on Mount. The mounted system is saved to C:\W7T\Mount.

I opened C:\W7T\Mount\Windows\System32 en check the file version for W7TRunOnce.exe, it's showing me 4.3.1.0. Is this the newest version?

Then I unmounted the image, so now version 4.3.1.0 should be included in my USB-stick?

The only thing i can imagine causing that is either you didn't click save or you have the mount folder open whilst it was unmounting

When I open C:\Windows\System32 en check the file version for W7TRunOnce.exe, it's showing me 4.2.1.0.So this should mean a new version is added to my USB-Stick?

I'm assuming your on about Windows after installation.

P.S. I've fixed the file open - security warning prompt, cant release a test version until i fix a current issue.

The only thing i can imagine causing that is either you didn't click save or you have the mount folder open whilst it was unmounting

I'm assuming your on about Windows after installation.

P.S. I've fixed the file open - security warning prompt, cant release a test version until i fix a current issue.

Think you didn't understand me.

I checked the file version of W7TRunOnce.exe on my laptop (C:\Windows\System32) (which I installed with my USB-stick last week), the version of that file is 4.2.1.0

Than I opened my USB-Stick (which contains the installation) and I mounted my installation (C:\W7T\Mount\Windows\Systems32), checked the W7TRunOnce.exe in that folder, which is showing me version 4.3.1.0. So when I rebuild the image the new version 4.3.1.0 should be included in my installation?

Next question: Is 4.3.10 the newest RunOnce at the moment?

4.3.3 is, which im uploading for you now...

But yes, your current install has 4.2.1.0 whilst your image will have 4.3.1.0

Ok. Will include 4.3.3 on the same way I did with 4.3.1.0! Thanks!

Edited by Legolash2o