Update Catalog

Legolash2o

This tool lets you download the latest updates which are not available via Windows Updates. This updates are know as QFE updates and are made available to those who have specific issues but everyone just integrates them anyway.

post-10183-0-22620800-1338937821_thumb.p

Note: Previous use

If you have used this tool before then use the top browse button and select the folder you downloaded to them previously.

Step 1: Select from list

Select which updates you want in the list, i.e. Windows 7 x64. If you selected a previous folder then W7T will scan and tell you which updates are new and move the old ones to a folder called 'Old'

Step 2: Select Updates

Once selected W7T will show you a list of updates and all of the ones you don't have should be clicked.

Step 3: Start

Press 'Download' and watch your updates download.

INFO:

Some updates go into sub-folders because they only need installing if you have that specific feature installed and they're not always needed.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I download all Windows updates one month, how do I know what updates have been added for the next month when I go to download new ones?

I obviously don't want to download updates that I have previously downloaded.

Don't change the folder where the updates are downloaded and the rest is taken care by the program.

The program scans the folder and select only the missing ones to download. In the meantime it moves the superseded updates to 'Old' folder.

You don't have to worry about that, you'll always have what's currently needed in the folder.

ianymaty,

Thanks for letting me know.  I tried it this morning - I selected the previous download location and the tool found one update that I did not have, so I downloaded it.  However, instead of the program putting all the previous updates in a folder called "Old", it put the one new update in the "Old" folder.  I don't think it was supposed to work that way and I don't think I'm doing something wrong. I could understand if it called the folder "New" and put new updates there.

Any ideas what might be causing this or is it a bug - I'm using the latest version of Win Toolkit 1.4.1.22.

I don't know what happend there but if it was a bug I think it was already reported since it is the most (I think) used feature from the program.

Make a folder 'WTK' (or whatever you want) where always extract WinToolkit.exe and replace the old one keeping the folder and all subfolders including Updates in the same structure.

Make the adjustments in the program for Update Catalog folder and keep it always the same. The program should work fine.

Thanks ianymaty,

One more thing - in downloading the updates, I also downloaded all the "Additional" packages.  When you point the all-in-one integrator to the folder with the updates and "Additional" folder, does it integrate the "Additional" items as well?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, i'm trying to add a dutch languagepack 64bit version to my 64bit windows, for some reason the languagepack does not get integrated, i tried with all updates and also with only the languagepack but no difference. I do see that the line of the languagepack is in blue color.

• 1 month later...

These update catalog works for win7 pro x64 SP1 (Service Pack 1)?

I need these updates...KB2467173, KB2814124, KB2636927... Im not find on the update catalog!

Edited by jlvoutat