All-In-One Disk Creator

Legolash2o

The 'All-In-One Disk Creator' lets you create all in one disks, so for example you can have Windows 7 SP1 x86 and Windows 7 SP1 x64 in disk, you could further include Vista or 2008 server if you wished.

post-10183-0-60172900-1332942646_thumb.p

Step 1: Select your first image.

Press the 'Browse' button and select your first install.wim, you should then see all the images get lists

Step 2: Select your second image

Press the 'Browse' button again and select your second image, you should now see even more images added.

Optional 1: Add more images

You can keep hitting browse and add more and more images until your ready.

Optional 2: Delete the images you dont want!

Step 3: Press Create

W7T will then merge all of the images together, it will also try the best it can to resolve name conflicts however you may have to use the 'Edit' button and change some names to that NONE of them are the same, don't worry about descriptions, they won't conflict.

WARNING: It is really important that none of the images have the same name, W7T will try for example add 'x64' or 'x86' to the names of the images to remove conflicts, however sometimes this is not enough.

Optional: Rebuild

You can choose to rebuild your newly created image so that it can produce a smaller ISO.

Optional: ISO Maker

Self-explanatory, make a new ISO with your new creation.

Options

• Unlock All Editions

Usually an image is locked to one edition i.e. Ultimate, so when it comes to install you don't have the option of choosing. Unlocking them will ask you which version of Windows you wish to install after booting from the ISO/USB.

• x64 Recovery Mode

This will copy the 64bit Recovery Mode files, so if something happens to your computer and it's 64bit, you can use this option.

Edited by Legolash2o

• 3 months later...

Hej Win toolkit creator :) i am pretty new to this tool. i did use RT7lite before. so if i get this right. can i make all-in one disk. so i can chose between what windows version i wanna install. i install pretty many windows in my shop where i work. and it could save me alot of time. having a usb key with all windows version all together.

If this is right. then this tool is the best comstum windows build software out there i would say :)

Kind regards Thomas

Yes, select your x86 install.wim (C:\Win7DVDx86\sources\install.wim) then your x64 (C:\Win7DVDx64), so you should see two sets of images. Then click 'Create', you can then use the 'USB Boot Prep' tool to prepare your USB stick, then simply copy and paste C:\Win7DVDx86 to your USB and done.

Yes it works great thanks super tool. now i then have to intergrated all updates into all the install.win. just need to read on how its done. and then some drivers for RAID Controller and USB3. so i can install from USB3 port. goes faster i think. :) then i use WPI inside windows i think

Hi just a question. i use build 7601 windows 7 bith 32bit and 64bit. when i need to intergrate windows update. how does. the program wintool knows, witch update are missing from the install.win. do i like need to run an installation on a virual machine. and write down whats missing?

Kind Regards Thomas

• 2 months later...

First thanks for this wonderfull tool Legolash very usefull thanks a lot ;), therefore i have a question that bother me , is there a problem using first RT7Lite and removing components from the wim image (shrink the iso image) then after using this feature for mearging to wim images done like above by RT7Lite (x86 and x64) ? and sorry for my bad english and also if i'am not in the right place to post my question.Thanks.

Edited by ferigno1

Sorry i don't really understand what you're trying to ask :)

Merging images shouldn't effect your images what-so-ever and therefore should still work regardless if you have used vLite/RT7Lite or not.

Ok you get my point so either i use RT7Lite before Win 7 Toolkit or not it will not affect the merging process by Win 7 Toolkit ok i'll give a try , and i'll report to you after testing in VM and thanks a lot ;).

Edited by ferigno1

Just a small word of advice. Althought merging images using either tool wont break the image, using a mix of tools to remove components certainly raises the risk of breaking your image. Component removal for the purpose of saving precious HD space realy does'nt yeild as much 'space saving' as one would think. I would also recomend using one tool for the entire job or at least one that changes the media using prescribed MS methods, such as WinToolKit. Just some friendly advice based on my experience in working with RT7. The choice is yours.

Also RT7 has'nt been updated in quite some time and uses brute force methods to modify the the images. Every image I've ever made with RT7 has proven to be unstable and unreliable.

Hopy this helps. Best regards,

First thanks for this wonderfull tool Legolash very usefull thanks a lot ;), therefore i have a question that bother me , is there a problem using first RT7Lite and removing components from the wim image (shrink the iso image) then after using this feature for mearging to wim images done like above by RT7Lite (x86 and x64) ? and sorry for my bad english and also if i'am not in the right place to post my question.Thanks.

Ok you get my point so either i use RT7Lite before Win 7 Toolkit or not it will not affect the merging process by Win 7 Toolkit ok i'll give a try , and i'll report to you after testing in VM and thanks a lot ;).

Edited by dotfusion

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Dear Moderator, i am use the greatfully tool "win toolkit 1.4.1". How i can implement more languages in a win8-aio boot-installation medium? i would like build a win8-aio multilingual boot medium on a usb-stick with win8 ent/pro 32bit and 64bit in english, german, spanish, france included the latest microsoft updates. My goal it is, when i install a new computer, then i would like choice the installtion-language of windows at windows boot setup screen. how can to this? Many thanks for your answer and sorry for my bad english. Kind regards, daniel

• 1 year later...

Thank you for this amazing tool. I haven't tried using it yet (I'm now working on something else) but RT 7 Lite looks like history now. I had to understand some innerworkings of the setup stages to be able to generate an unattended configuration file correctly using that program and it wasn't that obvious adding my own executables and commands. However I absolutely never had any stability or robustness issues with it, unlike a user commenting above.

I so far only fantasized about creating a dual-architecture setup, now it's at a click of a button... Incredible. I hope making adjustments to the 32-bit and the 64-bit images separately, then combining them, then generating an unattended config file is the right order and having two modified WIMs (one for each architecture) won't interfere with compatibility (and the unattended XML will apply to both successfully). Of course, I will return with my conclusions when I get to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

thank you for this utility, but i have an issue

i try to build aio windows 8.1 core and single lang (x86 and x64)

after the build i try to test the iso but seems that both (core and sl) x86 versions give me error when finish installing, almost at 90%

any suggestion?

thank you in advance

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

no all in disk creator....wim.file   this seems to be an .swm file which is read-only and not supported by win toolkit.you need to merge this back into an .wim file first

all in one disc creator before giving error when I click another folder to show off my instal.w the sources folder in my win 7 x86. solution ..?

what problem....I am Turkish

Edited by balian

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Thanks for this very usefull tool

It helped me create a usb setup for windows 7 x64 - x86 english french spanish and arabic with all updates

Only with all drivers it gave me errors that I don't know why, so finally I kept them just with all updates to have it without errors

The result is a huge 6 gig (to 8 gig sometime) folder that I have to keep in my usb, as for the drivers I keep them in a separate folder in case I need them :)