Some observations/bugs regarding Tweaks

ulysse

Hi Lego and the others,

I have have noticed the following regarding the Tweaks section :

-many tweak descriptions aren't exhaustive

-lost tweak presets when importing session from W7T 1.3.x (not sure when this happened, maybe caused by one of the early alphas?)

-eventually make a checkbox to show the actual registry values to be added

-adding an option to export reg settings to a .reg file would allow to apply tweaks to a running system

Desktop

add an option : show small desktop icons

Not sure this reg value works, though...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]

"Shell Icon Size"="32"

Explorer

"Mouse Hover Time" cannot change any value here

what is the difference between

"show all icons and notifications on the taskbar"

and

"show all icons on taskbar"

and

"Taskbar buttons" in Desktop section (maybe this one is for running programmes' icons, not for those next to the clock?)

IE

GPU Rendering (IE9 only afaik)

I assume "Software Rendering OFF" means that GPU Rendering will be on.

"GPU Rendering ON (default) " and "GPU Rendering OFF" would be easier to understand

You have done great work so far with 1.4.x :thumbsup_anim:

off topic :

Lego, please also have a look at http://www.wincert.n...ors/#entry83808

Edited by Legolash2o

Hi Lego and the others,

I have have noticed the following regarding the Tweaks section :

1. many tweak descriptions aren't exhaustive

2. lost tweak presets when importing session from W7T 1.3.x (not sure when this happened, maybe caused by one of the early alphas?)

3. eventually make a checkbox to show the actual registry values to be added

4. adding an option to export reg settings to a .reg file would allow to apply tweaks to a running system

5. Desktop

add an option : show small desktop icons

Not sure this reg value works, though...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]

"Shell Icon Size"="32"

1. Yeah i know but it takes a lot of time to go googling over 150+ tweaks and what they do. :(

2. Yeah i remember a bug in one of the early alphas causing this.

3. Same issue as number 1 really (time)

4. http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/topic/9258-export-current-tweaks-to-a-reg-file/

5. That needs to go in this topic:

You may notice in your first post some times are striked out, this is because i fixed them for you :)

I have some further observations / small glitches regarding tweaks:

1. At start-up&shut-down category - shutdown quicker and kill services quicker at shutdown - aren't they doing same thing? Maybe the kill serives quicker should be deleted...

2. At the Explorer - the Disable Tool tips tweak - what is this supposed to do? it's not working, if it reffers to the taskbar notifications...

Also, please take a look at this post... regarding tweaks, maybe you'll have the time to implement some of those, or other in that thread :)

Edited by Legolash2o

Wow, you're working way faster than I can even check new versions ;)

I understand coding takes you a lot of time, but if you can try to implement at least a checkbox so that people can "unhide" the actual registry values to be changed. I guess this would mean less work to you than exhaustive descriptions, but still allow people to have a little more control.

Thanks again

Edited by ulysse

Also another duplicate (or having the same goal) - the 500 ms delay aero peek desktop category tweak and the speed-up desktop explorer category tweak.

And also please provide a more detailed explanation to the system category Enable MAC File Sharing, what exactly does it stop / enable / add. Always was curious about this one... :)

Wow, you're working way faster than I can even check new versions ;)

I understand coding takes you a lot of time, but if you can try to implement at least a checkbox so that people can "unhide" the actual registry values to be changed. I guess this would mean less work to you than exhaustive descriptions, but still allow people to have a little more control.

Thanks again

Actually that would take the same amount of time if not longer.

Also another duplicate (or having the same goal) - the 500 ms delay aero peek desktop category tweak and the speed-up desktop explorer category tweak.

And also please provide a more detailed explanation to the system category Enable MAC File Sharing, what exactly does it stop / enable / add. Always was curious about this one... :)

Nope they are not different, i've updates those descriptions and the MAC File Sharing one too.

I believe these are not duplicate tweaks at all

Correct :)

Disable Language Bar & Remove "Libraries" from Explorer, for example...

Regards... ;-)

Ah, ok, Im not using these ones anyway :) But I think remove libraries worked for me when I was trying it. Do you know some other tweaks that doesnt work ?