BYTE-ME

Are the tweaks in the Toolkit available seperately as a downloadable registry or text file somewhere? Since I use several PCs I'd like to apply them manually after the install to account for variations of users.

Thanks for the tweaks byte-me

@Lego

Could you please change "Default Search Provider" tweak from google.co.uk to google.com?

This would allow to display the Google search results page in the correct language according to the OS

This also adds a reg entry

"FaviconPath"="C:\\Users\\Liam\\AppData\\LocalLow\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Services\\search_{637D6E3C-DF93-48A5-8362-159A8AC56B11}.ico" :P

Also, why do the new context menu entries like "Open CMD" and "Take Ownership" create a submenu. I think this is just complicate and brings no benefit...

Edited by ulysse

1. I'll think about that Done.

2. Oops, i'll see if i can fix that. Done.

3. It's because they require administrator. You can only have either Open CMD as Admin or Take Ownership, but if you create sub directories then both will run with admin privileges.

Edited by Legolash2o

These two regtweaks from byte-me's file seem to do the job without submenus

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Add "Take Ownership" to right click of all files and folders
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Add "Command Prompt" when you right click a folder
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Command Prompt]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Command Prompt\command]
@="cmd.exe /k pushd %L"

I know the tweaks and its the same ones in W7T. But you will notice that there is a 'runas' in the keys, you can only have 1 runas. So if you want some like 'Open CMD as Administrator' you have to also have 'runas' and the only way it would work is to make a sub-menu. It's how it is for a reason and i'm changing it. Thanks and sorry.

Also the normal 'Run as Administrator' gets removed when using the Take Ownership tweak, so using submenus keeps that option.