Password Problem

compstuff

I know this isn't a ToolKit problem but it's the second time it happened to me and i am wondering if anyone else had had this:

After I finish my installation and some other manual changes to the OS I do a final reboot and the system won't recognize my password... and I can't login at all. The hint is correct which seems to imply the keyboard was typing properly but I definitely can't login in so I have to re-install.

• 2 months later...

Did you use Toolkit for your installation? Was it unattended? Did you type your password properly when creating user? Which version of Toolkit did you use? Does your password include regular English letters/numbers/signs or are there other, ie. Slavic, Baltik or Greek letters? You know, like đ, č ,

• 2 weeks later...

I know this isn't a ToolKit problem but it's the second time it happened to me and i am wondering if anyone else had had this:

After I finish my installation and some other manual changes to the OS I do a final reboot and the system won't recognize my password... and I can't login at all. The hint is correct which seems to imply the keyboard was typing properly but I definitely can't login in so I have to re-install.

I had this problem earlier and I guess this is because of your Autounattend.xml (if used), I am not good with Autounattend.xml you better post your xml and myselfidem can help you. He did help me as well, though not with this problem but with other problem related to xml.

• 3 weeks later...
The hint is correct which seems to imply the keyboard was typing properly but I definitely can't login in so I have to re-install.
I really suggest to try Offline NT Password & Registry Editor instead of reinstalling. It nukes the passwords in less than 5 minutes, does not waste any time trying to find them like say ophcrack. It worked like a charm every time I had to clear Win passwords.

Won't prevent it from happening again, but will likely solve the issue at hand.

BTW, if you aren't inclined to burn it to a CD, you can always use YUMI.

Edited by someone_else