[Solved] Discrepancy in "Updates Retriever" and "All In One Integrator"

Ramesh Yadav

I used the update retriever to retriever the updates. It found 75 msu and 1 cab files (KB958488). I copied the cab file to a folder and started downloading all the 75 msu updates to the same folder. After sometime all 75 updates were downloaded and went green but when i checked the download folder, there were only 68 msu files even though the retriever shows all 75 msu's as green/downloaded. Can anybody explain this?

Then when i integrated all the 68 msu + 1 cab, 5 msu's of internet explorer updates went red (failed to integrate). If i cant integrate IE updates then is there any addon or silent install available? I checked the complete list of addons, its not there.

Another thing is that when i checked number of installed updates on my system (Windows Update > View Update History > Installed Updates) i found out there were 123 updates in total, out of which 81 updates were under the category - Microsoft Windows. Why did the Update Retriever showed only 75 updates then?

I used the update retriever to retriever the updates. It found 75 msu and 1 cab files (KB958488). I copied the cab file to a folder and started downloading all the 75 msu updates to the same folder. After sometime all 75 updates were downloaded and went green but when i checked the download folder, there were only 68 msu files even though the retriever shows all 75 msu's as green/downloaded. Can anybody explain this?

Some items where added to the list more than once, fix has now been fixed and should now she 68 next time.

Then when i integrated all the 68 msu + 1 cab, 5 msu's of internet explorer updates went red (failed to integrate). If i cant integrate IE updates then is there any addon or silent install available? I checked the complete list of addons, its not there.

Another thing is that when i checked number of installed updates on my system (Windows Update > View Update History > Installed Updates) i found out there were 123 updates in total, out of which 81 updates were under the category - Microsoft Windows. Why did the Update Retriever showed only 75 updates then?

Win Toolkit looks for lines in the WindowsUpdate.log which contains 'http://' and '.msu', some updates may actually be '.cab'.

Edited by Legolash2o

Some items where added to the list more than once, fix has now been fixed and should now she 68 next time.

It shows 75 updates everytime i open the update retriever, and i am using the latest version of Winkit.

Win Toolkit looks for lines in the WindowsUpdate.log which contains 'http://' and '.msu', some updates may actually be '.cab'.

So is there no way to integrate those updates (81-75=6) which update retriever did not detect?

And what about the IE (Internet Exporer) updates. Is there any way to integrate the latest version of IE in Win 7 ISO?

And what about the IE (Internet Exporer) updates. Is there any way to integrate the latest version of IE in Win 7 ISO?

This is actually a question for a different thread. BUT it goes like this:

Get the ie9 installer from the link kindly provided in Win Toolit...

Select it AND the updates (ie9 of course) and make sure the ie9 installer is above the updates in the integration list.

It shows 75 updates everytime i open the update retriever, and i am using the latest version of Winkit.

So is there no way to integrate those updates (81-75=6) which update retriever did not detect?

You didn't read my last message properly, there was an error where updates would show more than once, it has been fixed and will be in the next release :)4

@Kels, IE9 will automatically go to the top of the list.

Edited by Legolash2o

You didn't read my last message properly, there was an error where updates would show more than once, it has been fixed and will be in the next release :)4 @Kels, IE9 will automatically go to the top of the list.

Ok, i got it now. Thanks a lot to both of u for replying.

Still one question remain unanswered - Is there no way to integrate those updates which update retriever didnt detect. Windows update (on my installed/current OS) shows 81 updates under category - "Microsoft Windows". But the update retriever detected only 75. Is this a bug in Winkit or the updates it didnt detect are not meant for integration or something else. Are u trying to fix this too in the next version?

Thanks again, Winkit is a great tool.