[Solved + Merged] Silent Installer Issues

ottuh

Everything working fine now, except for one thing.

My silent install for dotnetfx isn't working, the installation isn't silent and during the installation I get different errors.

After the other silent installs are finished and the pc booted into Windows I can run the installation with silent command from CMD without any problems.

How to fix this?

my silent instals are not silent when installing windows 7.

I for instance want to hava a silent installer of [slim] .NET Framework 4 Full x86/x64 with the /y switch.

However, during installation I still receive a pop up screen.

In previous versions of Winkit it worked, where can I download old versions?

If I'm using the same .Net framework as you, it asks me do I want to install the developer as well as client? TBH it was taking that long in VB to install I now just leave the file in the Apps folder, that way I can install when I need to. Not everybody needs .Net 4.

You sure the installer is silent, if so why add the '/y', also if you don't want it to be installed everytime just untick 'Always Install' in AIO Integrator and it will ask you if you want to install if when Windows has finished installing.

tsjippy, I don't have any problems with ricktendo's installer with the latest Win Toolkit 1.4.0.15. However, that installer must be made silent first with one of the swithces provided by ricktendo in his first post. Did you do that? I use the /ai with no problems, but I don't rely on Win Toolkit, I make it silent with this first.

Lego, however please investigate the .msu's not installing with the latest Runonce in 1.4.0.15...

Edited by RicaNeaga

As I reported in the other post I am definitely having a problem with the .NET and other silent installers using v15

I had originally been using the SFXmaker but decided that it didn't make sense since it was just adding additional steps to decompress the silent installer... I may go back to that now

tsjippy, I don't have any problems with ricktendo's installer with the latest Win Toolkit 1.4.0.15. However, that installer must be made silent first with one of the swithces provided by ricktendo in his first post. Did you do that? I use the /ai with no problems, but I don't rely on Win Toolkit, I make it silent with this first.

Lego, however please investigate the .msu's not installing with the latest Runonce in 1.4.0.15...

Edited by compstuff

I'm going to try to set the switches with SFXMaker and after that integrate the silent installs with WinKit without adding the switches again.

EDIT

This method is working perfectly!

Edited by ottuh

I can confirm this... it doesn't work at all... I am about to try v10 right now and will let you know if that works

EDIT: I didn't try this on a live system just and offline image... sorry for the mis-understanding

EDIT: offline image integration v10 worked (I had 1 error out of 23 so it is probably my mistake) v12, v15 and v16 did not work for me

EDIT 2: the one error was due to an update by Microsoft that deprecated the one I was using... v10 works

For me, Runonce in build 16 (which is no longer live) is just skipped at first logon, and thus NONE of the 20 silent installers (including some msu's) isn't installed on a live system. :(

Which was the working build (working Runonce) again?

Edited by compstuff