[Installer] Windows Sidebar 1.7 XP/2003

^SoKoOLz^

Well, even ricks toys didn't work. Something else is going on. I uploaded a screen. The big white block is the CPU/memory gauge.

Note: All of the requirements are installed BUT WMP11. Is WMP11 a requirement?

post-2007-1182492942_thumb.jpg

Ok, now my installer has Nero gadget included. Howver, the size is huge..18MB just for Nero gadget resources.

So it's now 29 MB in total.

What do you guys think? Should I keep it in my pack or download separately?

Well I personaley don't use Nero... and even If use it I would still reconsider adding it to pack cause of few reasons:

* not everyone uses nero

* nero gadget is too big

* sidebar or nero could require relatively often update so redownloading one huge file could also represent problems for creator/host uploading and user downloading (in connection,traffic,etc...)

Not everyone should agree with me but this is just my personal opinion on this subject

I installed all the programs but when I tried the Wlan Api I got this setup error: Setup cannot update your Windows XP files because the language installed on your system is different from the update language.

My computer is installed in dutch

what can I do to make the sidebar work?

• 1 month later...

Hello guys,

I have been trying for days to get sidebar to work, until I found this website. Now I have it running, kind of. I have installed IE7, C++2k5 redistr, msxml6, Alky(because I couldnt find VAIO), and .NET 3.0. I can get most of the gadgets to work, but CPU gauges, clock and some others I wouldnt use anyway, give me either white boxes or just dead space on the side bar. I tried to download the RegSidebar.rar, but it turned out to be a .php file that my system wont read. I would love to get this up and running. Thanks for the help.

If you installed the sidebar using my addon or installer you can go to Add or Remove Programs and in the Windows Sidebar uninstall options you can use the Change button to reregister the sidebar libraries.

Manual register commands you can cut and paste into a run or cmd window

"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\.\regsvr32.exe" "sbdrop.dll" "wlsrvc.dll"

"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe" /RegServer

Well did you try the manual way of registering?

"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\.\regsvr32.exe" "sbdrop.dll" "wlsrvc.dll"

"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe" /RegServer

First make sure you copy regsvr32.exe from %WinDir%\system32 and manifest.xml from "%ProgramFiles%\Alky for Applications\Libraries" copy them to "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar" and rename manifest.xml to regsvr32.exe.manifest

Then copy, paste and run the commands I gave you above

The reason your clock and other gadgets are not working is you did not register the files correctly, that is what the command do.

Hit Windows Key+R to open Run and paste the first code in it and hit OK (do the same for the second line) or hit Windows Key+R and type CMD hit OK and paste the code in the Command Promt and hit Enter (other CMD shortcut is in Start>All-Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt)

Thank you, I didnt realize it was that easy. Thank you for not being a prick like some boards can be.

It worked.....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. :thumbsup_anim: :sweatingbullets: :thumb_yello: :notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Everyone..

Great board....got the sidebar working, just followed the directions and it was up and running, so far no problems. I did have a few questions though.. The weather gadget just sits there and says getting data and where can i fidn more gadgets to use?

Thanks,

J.C. (Elvis42)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...