[Repak] Adobe Reader XI Lite 11.0.10 (de en es fr hu it pl ptb ru tr)

ricktendo

I was intrigued to see in the description in the first post this...

Enable Optimization: OFF

I can say from experience that installing older versions that didn't have this option, Adobe Reader starts slower and ''behaves'' slower than with a newer build with that option. And this is very obvious on old hardware. Of course I cannot say that the optimization feature makes it run faster or it's just that Adobe Reader 10 is faster than version 7 / 8 / 9 / etc It's very likely however that this optimization feature scans / tests the system hardware capabilities and ''calibrates'' the app accordingly.

I can also see that in the guide you provided in the first post, this one, the author also recommends this optimization feature to be enabled.

Is your description wrong and actually optimization is turned on (although during the install process it pops up another screen that isn't present in yours), or you decided to turn it off for some reason? Thanks. :)

He also recommends that you enable cache (no thanks)

The optimization option runs a disk defragmentation utility that will automatically cluster files on a portion of the destination drive during installation, thereby improving launch time and performance. Defragmentation requires available disk space on the destination drive and adds time to the installation process. Adobe recommends that you leave this option selected.

Select Enable Optimization to automatically defragment a portion of the destination drive when running the installer. A progress bar will display during the defragmentation process. Sets the ENABLE_OPTIMIZATION property.

If you want this option its very easy to get, open the MSI in InstEd or Orca, go to the 'Property' table and change ENABLE_OPTIMIZATION from NO to YES

Thanks for the info... it was just a question. I thought it made smth else, smth more complex, too much trouble for just a defrag. Not to mention for SSD users out there...

Going to leave it default. Great job selecting those options. :)

ALL installers updated, found and removed some obsolete entries from the registry and directory table...fixed pt_br (I missed a couple components)

Finally done, added Polish...other language requests open

Minor tweak to all other installers, disable webmail setting

Now available in French

I can't download your stuff. See attached. It's not an ad-fly issue, please go back to mediafire or a-drive. The download gets stuck after downloading more than 50% of the file. I thought it was a temporary issue, but I get it for several days. :(

Again, never had issues with the ad-fly + mediafire or ad-fly + a-drive combos.

post-25565-0-05099000-1369128868_thumb.p

post-25565-0-76299200-1369128868_thumb.p

post-25565-0-45284700-1369128869_thumb.p

I can't download your stuff. See attached. It's not an ad-fly issue, please go back to mediafire or a-drive. The download gets stuck after downloading more than 50% of the file.....

You can pause the download and resume it again; it's not the best solution, but it works.

Updated once again, added custwiz tweak "Disable Shared Reviews and Review/Forms workflows" a.k.a Tracker and hid more menu items with HideItems.js:

File - Save As OtherFile - Send FileEdit - Check SpellingEdit - AccessabilityView - Read Out Loud
I also removed Polish, from what I can tell nobody is downloading it

You dont need it, you can just open the package (MSI,) then change it and save the changes. It should generate a transforms that you can apply, if you get a error that setup.ini is missing just create a blank setup.ini

Edit: minor silent update, removed Checkers plugin

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:05 PM:Finally done, added Polish...other language requests open

Posted Yesterday, 12:05 AM

I also removed Polish, from what I can tell nobody is downloading it

?? Strange, I downloaded it several times ... I think the counter does not work

It is unfortunate that you make this decision ...it's only  four days from the publication

:(

Edited by Dziubek