[AIO] Microsoft Visual B/C++/F#/J# Redistributable x86/x64

ricktendo

Thank you !

There's an updated version of VC++ 2010 redist:

Also, Pointzero was linking some new VC++ files from a hotfix, and also VC++ 2013 is available from Microsoft on the official page (scroll down).  :)

Ver 10.0.40219.455 (vs previous release of .40219.447)
x86
x64

Please don't forget about the addons from RVM forum, if you have time to update.
Edited by Kelu

I read somewhere in this thread about switches: /y /gm2 /qn. So what are the proper switches and what does the /qn do? Because I still see the msi runtime dialogues, it is not truly 'silent'.

Never mind, fresh OS install, I didn't have Open with Arguments addon installed yet to query your installer :D Wow you have a bunch of switches available with different options. But what would be nice if the msi dialogues could have been suppressed by /qn as when you pack msi installers. Is that not possible?

Edited by parapher

Rick you already know I'm working on the new KUC method and all is going well but in my test today I had an error with this installer. Basically I did the DISM KUC like you instructed and I tested that image which worked great. I then took that image and used WinToolKIt to add my SFX items, reg tweaks and some basic other items including running the cleanup scripts, remove old ie etc that I wrote about. All but 2 items worked... do these errors give you any idea what direction I should look at?

I actually had 4 errors but only captured 2, the other parts of your installer did run with no errors, so its only part of the installer that errors

post-11313-0-23639600-1383228742_thumb.j

post-11313-0-96926600-1383228756_thumb.j

Edited by compstuff

Something is wrong with your build. Runonce (from Win Toolkit) must run during first logon, NOT during the first install phase. I mean all the silent installers - your build has somehow been corrupted. Must likely a feature update that you've chosed to integrate, like WMF 3.0 / 4.0 or KB2592687 (and its prerequisite KB2574819).

Also, I got a similar error like you, but during first logon (Win Toolkit runonce), after the install process was finished, and all I did was to move the VBC AIO installer to the end of the queue, with a y at the start of the name.

@RicaNeaga

Thanks.. that gives me a direction to look at... I don't do WMF but I do integrate KB2592687 and VBC AIO... I just had a system crash and lost a few hrs of work so I need to take a break now and I will start later with a clean integration.. THANKS

Don't get me wrong... if you add KB2592687 (and its prerequisite KB2574819) as silent installers under Win Toolkit AIO, that's ok (theoretically). I was reffering to integrating them alongside the other ~400 updates from McRip / komm 's repositories, under Updates tab in the AIO tool... 

And sorry for this ~ offtopic, as this is not ricktendo's fault, it's a Win Toolkit / DISM issue. :)

Thanks!!!! That seems to be exactly the cause of my integration issues as well... I should have searched but I had such tunnel vision since I was doing a complete change that I neglected to. I stopped integrating RDP offline with KUC and instead now do it online after login and all is once again fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just pointing out that they released a chinese version first.  Is the R4 of 2012 that's added from the English release?

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/50318-vc-redist-2012-update-4 )

The "Date Published" for the English version is 11/20/2013 , and the post above me is from 11/13.  So I'm assuming its with old release.

Here's the link again:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Edited by l33tissw00t

I had the ''oportunity'' to test this installer on various builds and I can say something for sure: the errors when used alongside Win Toolkit (/y switch, runs normally dring first boot) are ALWAYS happening on x64 builds and NEVER on x86 builds, and also ALWAYS for 2005 and 2008, and never for 2010, 2012 and 2013. Moving it as (one of) the last installer(s) doesn't help (I know I said that, but I was mistaken, I confused it running great on a x86 build when moved last to also run great on a x64 build, which clearly isn't the case).

Don't know if it helps with something... just pointing out the behaviour. Hope however at some point this great addon becomes usable on any x64 build made with Win Toolkit. :)

Error 404 when trying to download.

Not Found

The requested URL /Ricktendo/Repack/VBCRedist_AIO_x86_x64.exe was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at ricktendo.info Port 80