[AIO] Microsoft Visual B/C++/F#/J# Redistributable x86/x64

ricktendo

• 1 month later...

Would it possible to have a "[AIO] Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (x86 Only)"? I run out of disc space on my Windwos XP Unattended CD and a x86 version would save me a lot of needed disc space on a 700MB CD. :)

I did try to do it myself but i couldn't find any tutorial on how to do this. :sad02:

Edited by SuperLOL

Quick tuto:

You need 7zip (gui or command line), 7zSD modified sfx module,  and 7z splitter

Run 7ZSplit.exe to get the install config of your SFX (here VBCRedist_AIO_x86_x64.exe)

Edit the text file file to remove all x64 lines. You can also simplify the install if you always run it silently

You will end with something like that:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!RunProgram="2005\\x86\\vcredist.msi /qn"RunProgram="2008\\x86\\vc_red.msi /qn"RunProgram="2010\\x86\\vc_red.msi /qn"RunProgram="2012\\x86\\vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msi /qn"RunProgram="2012\\x86\\vc_runtimeAdditional_x86.msi /qn"RunProgram="2013\\x86\\vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msi /qn"RunProgram="2013\\x86\\vc_runtimeAdditional_x86.msi /qn"RunProgram="extra /SILENT /NORESTART";!@InstallEnd@!

If you don't want the extra runtimes you can also remove the line RunProgram="extra /SILENT /NORESTART"

Now extract the content (with 7zip) of VBCRedist_AIO_x86_x64.exe in a temp folder.

Delete all  "x64" folders (inside folders 2005,2008, etc....) and eventually "extra.exe"

Once done, you have to recreate the 7zip archive: select all the content of your temp folder and make a 7zip archive (LZMA Ultra).

Then run this command (adapt the names):

copy /b 7zsd.sfx + config.txt + archive.7z VCRedist_AIO_x86.exe

HI,

I notice that Visual C++ 2012 and 2013 have 2 uninstaller entrys in the "Add or Remove Programs", one is named "Additional" and the ohter is named "Minimum" but the officel Visual C++ 2012 and 2013 adds only one uninstaller entry in the "Add or Remove Programs". :dizzy:

post-21854-0-89151500-1389761059_thumb.p

Edited by SuperLOL

You still have the minimum/additional uninstall entries with the "official" but they are hidden, because it adds a 3rd uninstall entry that points to a EXE...Removing EXE uninstall and un-hidding the MSI uninstall entries saves space, because another thing the original does is to back up (for repair reasons) the MSI installers and CAB files (look in ProgramData you will find them)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there! Sorry for my ignorance, but those runtimes are multillingual? I know it will work on any languaje, but is there any english message inside the dlls or something that will make any part of any program look like if it was made in english?

By the way, are 2012 and 2013 compatible with winXP?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have run into a problem with the AIO-Pack if i install Adobe Photoshop CS6 or Adobe Illustrator CS6 then i get this Error message (Some items for the following product(s) could not be installed successfully.). :(

And if i don't use the AIO-Pack and use the original Microsoft Visual C++ Redistrubutables installers then i don't get any error messages after the installation.

The Adobe Photoshop CS6 trial version can be downloaded from ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/cs6/downloads/Photoshop_13_LS6.7z (Disconnect from the internet to install without creating an Adobe Account). ;)

Edited by SuperLOL

I did expressed myself little bit wrong. Yes you right Adobe Photoshop CS6 can be installed but there is a Visual C++ 2010 conflict and because of this it says that Adobe Photoshop CS6 was not installed successfully.

Adobe Photoshop CS6 Installer Error Log:

Exit Code: 6Please see specific errors and warnings below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DW050 ... WARNING: DF029, DW024 ...-------------------------------------- Summary -------------------------------------- - 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 2 warning(s)WARNING: DW024: The payload: {9124DF4E-617D-486B-A970-8FA632244F24} Adobe Photoshop CS6 Core 13.0.0.0 requires a UI parent with following specification:    Family: Photoshop    ProductName: Adobe Photoshop CS6 Core_x64    This parent relationship is not satisfied, because this payload is not present in this session.----------- Payload: {9E0AF030-AC6B-11E0-8837-00215AEA26C9} Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) 10.0.40219.1 -----------ERROR: Failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). Please try installing it by double clicking on the executable at "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\Adobe CS6\payloads\Microsoft VC 2010 Redist (x86)\vcredist_x86.exe", or download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com----------- Payload: {CFA46C39-C539-4BE9-9364-495003C714AD} Adobe SwitchBoard 2.0 2.0.0.0 -----------WARNING: DF029: ARKServiceControl::StartService: Service not started/stopped SwitchBoard. Current State: 0 Exit Code: 0 Service Specific Exit Code: 0(Seq 1)ERROR: DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:ERROR: DW050:  - Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86): Install failed-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by SuperLOL

@ricktendo

I am using your installer, no one elses,  and I got this error as well. Not  that I am complaining  about it, just saying. It doesn't bother me at all, I uninstalled Visual C++ 2010 via add/remove apps and used one that came with Photoshop and it works OK for me.

The "problem" is not a problem and has nothing to do with this installer. Its photosop wanting to install the original vc10, it fails because there is a newer version installed, then it craps out... Other than removing the latest runtime and replacing it with rtm I cannot do anything about this, you will need to uninstall the latest, install photoshop, let it install older runtimes, uninstall those and re-run this installer with /aiX to ONLY install the vc10 runtimes