[AIO] Microsoft Visual B/C++/F#/J# Redistributable x86/x64

ricktendo

• 2 weeks later...

I was getting annoyed at the error message's not allowing it to silently run this package so I made an autoit script to fix it:

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=requireAdministrator#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****#cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- AutoIt Version: 3.3.8.1 Author:         myName Script Function:    Template AutoIt script.#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------#RequireAdmin; Script Start - Add your code below here$Runs = Run (@ScriptDir&"\VBCFJRedist_AIO_x86_x64-2013-02-07.exe /y", @ScriptDir)While ProcessExists($Runs)    If WinExists("Windows Installer") Then        ControlClick("Windows Installer", "OK", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")    EndIf    Sleep(100)WEnd

Thanks rick, I read that using .msi instead of the .exe is what causes the errors to show (no way to disable them), but using the .msi is faster and smaller, so with protection agains it stopping I am happy again, this only continues when an error is found so if you manually uninstall the packages first it'll work as intended still, just in case someone needs this totally silent.

Edited by LiveFreeDead

• 3 weeks later...

hi ricktendo,

i tried to used your aio with WinToolkit last version (1.4.1.20) placing the installer at silent installer section using /y swtch and at the end of windows instaltion i got this error:

676skj.png

if hit ok and check late the package wasn't installed. any suggestions? btw Windows 7 Sp1 enterprise x64 with updates til feb 2013

regards

Edited by BiuS

Maybe installing it after login

BTW that KB article says it "sometimes" happens, so it may not happen every time

Well tried 2 times to make sure was not my mistake. but anyway thanks for the support. i will try other solution, since i would like to integrate this installer into my build instead of install manually after the system is installed.

Can you think of a reason why this installer doesn't work with SFXMaker anymore? It's not SFXMaker version to blame, I tried both the current one (1.3.1) and also the previous 1.2.1.

I'm trying to apply the /ai silent switch to it via SFXMaker, but it doesn't work, both via Win Toolkit's first logon, both on live system (same ''setup.exe'' error). You have the error attached. However, if I use the /ai switch via Run Arguments on a live system, everything is working fine.

The reasons why this is happening are beyond me... this has never happened in the past. :(

LE: To be more precise, when added via SFXMaker, the setup files don't get extracted /unarchived / uncompressed on the local disk (doesn't get to this ''first'' stage), while via an argument on a live system they do get extracted, and after that everything is ok.

Maybe you changed something in the last ~ month that generated this weird behaviour. Maybe this, as it's related to the ''extract'' stage.

post-25565-0-18070300-1363698691_thumb.p

Edited by RicaNeaga