[Solved] Office Update .exe files Error

ayrani

Hi,

My first question is: Can i integrate All Office update.exe files using Msp Extractor tool in WinKit? I think this can be done. However, there is a problem i have:

It processes "ogl2007-kb2596672-fullfile-x86-glb or wordconv2007-kb2596880-fullfile-x86-glb" type update.exe files Without a Problem. These are Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel and PowerPoint File Formatscreates update .exe files and WinKit msp files in different folders for each.

While it processes "office2003-KB2553111-FullFile-TRK" type Office update .exe files, i get the below error in the picture and it creates empty folders. Full Visual C+ AIO is installed on system and admin login.

612yz.jpg

Edited by ayrani

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming this issue only happens with this update then the problem is now solved.

Thank you for the Fix.

But the problem does not only exist in KB2553111 file. It exists in all KBxxxxxxx.exe these type files in the picture.

I put KB2553111 as an EXAMPLE of the error message. The same error message is given in the all KBxxxxxxx.exe these type files.

I am surprised that you only focused on one :confused02:

Edited by ayrani

I focused on one because I have used many updates with the EXE to MSP Converter and they all worked fine, KB2553111 is the only file which i've seen your mentioned problem so I assumed it was a one off.

EDIT 1: Seems to be a common problem with Office 2003 updates, do you have the names of any other updates it affects?

EDIT 2: Fixed this so it works with all 2003 updates, however please still list a few other updates it had affected just for testing purposes.

Edited by Legolash2o

Hi, @Lego

How can we integrate these updates to the image?

Is it neccesary to have office.exe slient file? Or does it integrate to the image without office.exe slient?

You don't integrate them into the image, you add them to an 'Updates' folder with your Office setup source

i.e.

"Z:\Software\Office 2010\x86\Setup.exe"

"Z:\Software\Office 2010\x86\Updates\*.msp" <<< go in Updates folder.

Edited by Legolash2o

I focused on one because I have used many updates with the EXE to MSP Converter and they all worked fine, KB2553111 is the only file which i've seen your mentioned problem so I assumed it was a one off.

EDIT 1: Seems to be a common problem with Office 2003 updates, do you have the names of any other updates it affects?

EDIT 2: Fixed this so it works with all 2003 updates, however please still list a few other updates it had affected just for testing purposes.

Msp Extractor in V19 runs perfect with all office 2003 update.exe files..

You are the best VC++ coder in the world :prop: