Windows 8 Release Preview [Links]

RicaNeaga

I'll start with the official link - here.

Hopefully I'll come back later with direct-to-Microsoft-servers links, as computerbase.de already has access to such direct links for the german versions. :)

Enjoy it if you can... :(

Nevermind my previous post, you can get the english ISOs from here (Microsoft servers). Also the ISOs for other languages are posted below. :)

EDIT: Apparently Microsoft say you need a serial key, and they recommend everyone to use: TK8TP-9JN6P-7X7WW-RFFTV-B7QPF

Edited by Legolash2o
Added the edit.

• 3 months later...

Any date regarding a working WinToolkit version for Windows 8 please?

I tried using the actual release on it but the components removal does not work properly. I'm open to another alternative method to shrink windows 8 ;) Thanks in advance

I know that Lego uses the current version of Win Toolkit on his own personal install of Win 8, so apparently he thinks it does work properly. Why do you think it doesn't? If you think that it should shrink the install.wim significantly, I'm sorry but it is currently not designed to do that. I'll let Lego respond further when he sees this post.

Cheers and Regards

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your replies. Indeed I would like to shrink windows 8 post install. As a professional, I will install win8 in some companies and there are many functionalies I would like hide. I also do installations in NGOs, therefore win8 has to be lite in term of disk space as some computers are quit old (still it's running fast...). For the SSD laptops, space is limited also.

So the ultimate purpose is to gain space by disabling/hiding/removing functionalites as RT7Lite and RT7booster do.

@ricktendo64: How do you do that after install? I don't really understand, can you give me more specifics? Thx

@Legolash2o: Sorry for the doublon, I'm looking forward for the 1.5.0 version then. Thanks a lot for the good work.

Edited by seiferflo