Sandboxie

cro-man

Sandboxie allows you to run your browser, or any other program, so that all changes that result from the usage are kept in a sandbox environment, which can then be deleted later. This allows you to remove traces of your internet or PC activities, as well as reverse any changes to your Favorites, home page, registry and more. Even files that were downloaded during a sandbox session will be wiped after the sandbox is cleared. The program runs in the system tray and if you want to start a sandboxed session, simply launch your browser, or any other program via the tray icon, rather than the regular way.

Publisher Tzuk

File Size 235 kb

Version 2.85 (history)

Last updated Apr 09, 2007

License Freeware

Windows 2000/XP

Requirements None

sandboxie2.gif

Sandboxie does not contain any adware or spyware.

Download:SnapFiles

Edited by cro-man

• 2 months later...

Thanks cro-man, I will give it a try. Couple of days ago I was thinking that I would like to have something like this. Thank You. :)

• 3 months later...

I have both Sandiebox and a program call BufferZone Pro. I use sandie when checking new downloads until I can get a scan on them. had Buffer installed for a while, but for some reason it turned itself on and I uninstalled. May play with it in the sandiebox for a bit longer

• 2 weeks later...

Another new player in this field is ZoneAlarm ForceField. It has the virtualization of Sandboxie, but is designed specifically around security issues- spyware, keylogging, phishing, downloads, etc. The beta is currently free and available at www.zonealarm.com/forcefield.

Hope you like it!

~Lauren

http://zonealarm.com/forcefield

• 1 month later...