I created my bootable Win 7 USB using Win Toolkit. Win 7 was installed correctly along with all the addons, though some of the tweaking didn't appear after the installation - like Move to, Copy to options in the context explorer.

But none of the silent installers were installed. I tried each of the installer myself with various switches using the CMD prompt and everything was working fine but when I created a image with Win Toolkit along with the addons and silent installer nothing got installed after windows installation. Even the silent installers provided in this forum for Flash Player, Java Runtime environment didn't install.

Also the display of the Win Toolkit in my system is not complete. Few of the options are hidden.

I am attaching the screenshots and few configuration files for debugging.

The silent installers I added were:

1. Reapers.Java.Runtime.AIO.7.0.40.20.x64

2. Reapers.Adobe.Flash.Player.AIO.11.2.202.233.x64

3. Reapers_Adobe_Shockwave_Player_11.6.4.634

4. 7z465-x64

5. Driver Magician

6. EPM

7. iCareDRS

8. WinRAR

etc etc...

Please help me out in creating this bootable USB pendrive.

If you need any further details then let me know.

Attaching the screenshot of the contents of USB also.

Configuration Files.zip

USB Contents.zip

Edited by vipul_tilak

I am not saying this is your problem but I would recommend eliminating any spaces you use in your folder structures. I always use an underscore instead of spaces.

Good job you noticed, Win Toolkit will ALWAYS replaces spaces with underscores, did you manually copy and paste the files/folders?

EDIT: Use WIM Registry Editor and browse to HKLM\\WIM_Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnce and take a screenshot please.

I made the USB bootable using the option "USB Boot Prep" and then copy pasted all the contents of the DVD, which was created by "All-In-One Integrator".

Attaching the screenshot of the registry as required.

Also can you please elaborate on the spaces you are talking about. Are there any spaces in the name of the EXE??

I dont see any space in my folder structure and not even in the Apps folder created in the DVD directory of Win 7.

Also just wanted to let you know that the display problem is now fixed with latest version 140-25 and I can see all the option in one screen now.

post-36029-0-57343700-1339243200_thumb.j

Edited by vipul_tilak

You uploaded the wrong picture. Can you please use Win Toolkit > Main > Advanced > WIM Registry Editor, select the image you had your silent installs on.

Load 'Software' key and take a screen shot of 'HKLM\\WIM_Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce'

:)

You're probably better off doing that again but 'export' the RunOnce and WinToolkit registry keys within WIM_Software.

Didn't understand "'export' the RunOnce and WinToolkit registry keys within WIM_Software"

Can you please help me step by step instructions as I am a newbie in this?

I will create a boot dvd and then load it onto a bootable USB. What extra do I need to do here??

Tried everything with v.0.25 but no luck

Few config files are attached here.

The apps folder is created in the DVD and the system boots up from USB and the windows is loaded.

After windows is loaded it asks for the Username, Password, time-zone, and wifi settings.

After that it restarts and Preparing you Desktop message comes and I guess it installs the addons that were added but it DOES NOT install any silent installers.

Please let me know where am I going wrong!!!

All this is done on Win 7 Ultimate x64 version.

Registry.txt

Settings.txt

2012-06-09_17-45-03_9_June_2012.ini

Windows 7 ULTIMATE (x64) - Copy.txt

Edited by vipul_tilak

Everything seems to look fine :S Mount your image, is there a WinToolkitRunOnce.exe or something like that. Also after Windows is installed, there should be a log file in System32 (WinToolkit_RunOnceLog.txt), can you please attach it :)

Everything seems to look fine :S Mount your image, is there a WinToolkitRunOnce.exe or something like that. Also after Windows is installed, there should be a log file in System32 (WinToolkit_RunOnceLog.txt), can you please attach it :)

Thanks a lot for pointing out this log file, The reasons why silent installers were not installing was - I boot from USB and after the first restart I remove the USB to boot it from hard drive. So what happens is it was not able to find the USB drive and the Apps directory.

I connected the USB drive and run the WinToolKit Run Once Installer and it installed everything perfectly.

I will give it a try once again with a fresh install and post the final results.

PFB the logs:

4.6.3.0 (Looking for CommandLineArgs...)

CommandLineArg: C:\Windows\System32\WinToolkitRunOnce.exe (Looking for CommandLineArgs...)

Found Drive: C:\ (Looking for Installation Files...)

Found Drive: D:\ (Looking for Installation Files...)

Found Drive: E:\ (Looking for Installation Files...)

Found Drive: F:\ (Looking for Installation Files...)

Found Drive: G:\ (Looking for Installation Files...)

Found Drive: H:\ (Looking for Installation Files...)

Found Drive: I:\ (Looking for Installation Files...)

Found Drive: C:\ (Looking for alternatives...)

Found Drive: D:\ (Looking for alternatives...)

Found Drive: E:\ (Looking for alternatives...)

Found Drive: F:\ (Looking for alternatives...)

Found Drive: G:\ (Looking for alternatives...)

Found Drive: H:\ (Looking for alternatives...)

Found Drive: I:\ (Looking for alternatives...)

IDrive: (Looking for alternatives...)

No IDrive Found: (Aborting: No installation files found...)

Thanks a lot Legolash!!!!

Will post the results soon!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...