more info for KB files

zimmer

compstuff provided a link to a KB list with detailed information in it - this is powered by SoLoR, Chris123NT and mydigitallife...

Windows7 x64 update list

perhaps these titles/descriptions could be integrated into the 'Update Catalog' UI as well? could also include hyperlinks to the relevant MS page or, better yet, include all of it...

KB | Date | Title | Description | Link | Article | Type | KUC-Type | x64 | Client | Server

also wanted to add link to the KUC tool ...

http://www.windows-update-checker.com/

update lists...

Windows7 x64

Windows7 x86

Windows Server 2008 R2

Windows Server 2008 R2 Server Core

Windows MultiPoint Server 2011

Windows Small Business Server 2011 ess.

Windows Home Server 2011

Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 ess.

Windows7 x86 embedded

Windows7 x64 embedded

Edited by zimmer

From what I have seen SoLoR(busy at the moment), McRip and Komm are the main players with regards to maintaining servers and lists with updated hotfixes and information... they also have various tools to integrate cleanup and verify both on and offline images. Not to forget that Burfadel also has superb tools but I'm not sure he maintains the hotfixes as well... I just haven't been able to use/learn his tools yet.... I'm still learning and still low on the curve.

The link I provided is a rather unbelievable work from KOMM the author of the KUC and I can't even imagine how much work goes into maintaining that single document never mind all the ancillary tools and hotfixes on the server.I don't think anyone should re-invent the wheel here but rather combine all the resources which is very much what the ToolKit is attempting, but even in the few months that I have been doing this the entire issue is a constant moving target.

If I am mistaken with any of this information I apologize in advance and I thank all the individuals mentioned for their work.

compstuff provided a link to a KB list with detailed information in it - this is powered by SoLoR, Chris123NT and mydigitallife...

Windows7 x64 update list

perhaps these titles/descriptions could be integrated into the 'Update Catalog' UI as well? could also include hyperlinks to the relevant MS page or, better yet, include all of it...

KB | Date | Title | Description | Link | Article | Type | KUC-Type | x64 | Client | Server

also wanted to add link to the KUC tool ...

http://www.windows-update-checker.com/

update lists...

Windows7 x64

Windows7 x86

Windows Server 2008 R2

Windows Server 2008 R2 Server Core

Windows MultiPoint Server 2011

Windows Small Business Server 2011 ess.

Windows Home Server 2011

Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 ess.

Windows7 x86 embedded

Windows7 x64 embedded

... but even in the few months that I have been doing this the entire issue is a constant moving target. ...

absolutely - my hat is off to developers who choose to get involved in projects like WTk, n/vLite, the update packs, etc. because, as you say, there's no prospect whatsoever of a "finished" product. many of the people i'm aware of are in this for the long haul and show a degree of dedication that far surpasses my own

• 4 months later...