Win Toolkit 1.4.0.26 Very Slow

Tengu

Hi ....I have just started using the program trying to move away from RT7lite due to its not been updated in such a LONG

time, But i have notice WinToolKit takes FOREVER rebuilding the image and i do mean forever.

I have tryed it with the virus/firewall (GData) disable and no internet connection, it seems to add the security patches okay i have even download a new iso just in case but no.....i waited over 3 hours and it still was not finnished..

What is the normal length of time does it take to rebuild images?

Lego do you still call dism for each and every hotfix (example like in LDR mode) or do you use multiple /packagepath's or point /packagepath to a directory?

If you still call dism or pkgmgr for each hotfix this may also be the cause of the slowness

I have been using the same laptop for every single integration test since I started working with this tool... through every version my time to integrate about 300 hotfixes remains constant and predictable... it takes me 1hr and 59 minutes all the time on every version... I just did an integration this morning

Lego do you still call dism for each and every hotfix (example like in LDR mode) or do you use multiple /packagepath's or point /packagepath to a directory?

If you still call dism or pkgmgr for each hotfix this may also be the cause of the slowness

individually so the progress bar properly updates, only the first DISM event takes time, all the following dism commands, start instantly.

I created a separate Win7 Pro 32 and 64 bit version by updating with the SoLor updates (over 300 of them) - took over 4 (four) hours each to complete. I had no reason to think it would NOT take a fairly long time. The 64bit version installed just fine and all updates were recognized by Microsoft Update.

Edited by ChiefZeke

Well... it gets stranger and stranger...i tried again unpacked the iso select windows ultimate 64bit SP1 (3.2Gb) and added the (71) patches all okay i thought....except for a couple patches all green. Now the strange part after waiting again i got fed up and cancelled. I went to the mount folder and notice the size had grown to (11.2GB)!!, and its was not the Windows 7 64bit (ISO) i selected it seem to be my own already installed windows..

HELP! What iam i doing wrong...

WOW I guess I am doing great at 2 hrs then :-)...my laptop is an I5 with 4 GIG and I have 2 hard drives main is an SSD and 2nd is a WD Black

I created a separate Win7 Pro 32 and 64 bit version by updating with the SoLor updates (over 300 of them) - took over 4 (four) hours each to complete. I had no reason to think it would NOT take a fairly long time. The 64bit version installed just fine and all updates were recognized by Microsoft Update.

WOW I guess I am doing great at 2 hrs then :-)...my laptop is an I5 with 4 GIG and I have 2 hard drives main is an SSD and 2nd is a WD Black

I guess you should feel good - the system I used is:

PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1200 ATX12V & EPS12V Power Supply

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 X79 8X DIMM PCIe 3.0 Motherboard

Intel Core i7-3960X 3.31 LGA 2011 Processor

Intel RTS2011LC Liquid Cooling Solution

Kingston KHX2133C11D3K4/16GX (16Gb memory kit) 2 each (Total 32Gb)

Sapphire Radeon HD6970 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 2.1 X16 video card (two each) connected in CrossfireX Mode

Western Digital Cavier Black 2Tb SATA III 6.0GB/S

Edited by ChiefZeke

OK, I'll give it a go with this version; SP1 x86 Ultimate integrating 77 hotfixes and 17 addons started 11:11pm (my time, lol)

Of course KIS is turned off.

Edit:

It took 16m:26s just to integrate them with install.wim, nothing else. I can't complain :)

Edited by dareckibmw

DAMN... that's one heck of a HOT system you have... I wish :-)

I guess you should feel good - the system I used is:

PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1200 ATX12V & EPS12V Power Supply

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 X79 8X DIMM PCIe 3.0 Motherboard

Intel Core i7-3960X 3.31 LGA 2011 Processor

Intel RTS2011LC Liquid Cooling Solution

Kingston KHX2133C11D3K4/16GX (16Gb memory kit) 2 each (Total 32Gb)

Sapphire Radeon HD6970 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 2.1 X16 video card (two each) connected in CrossfireX Mode

Western Digital Cavier Black 2Tb SATA III 6.0GB/S

Well... it gets stranger and stranger...i tried again unpacked the iso select windows ultimate 64bit SP1 (3.2Gb) and added the (71) patches all okay i thought....except for a couple patches all green. Now the strange part after waiting again i got fed up and cancelled. I went to the mount folder and notice the size had grown to (11.2GB)!!, and its was not the Windows 7 64bit (ISO) i selected it seem to be my own already installed windows..

HELP! What iam i doing wrong...

Tell me exactly what you did,starting from opening the program...

This is what i did....

1.Run Win7 Toolkit and selected (All-In-One Integrator)

2.Went to "browse for extracted dvd" and selected D:Win7_64Bit_Sp1/ (Which is were i upacked it)

3.It came up : Windows 7 HomeBasic (Blue) and Windows 7 Ultimate (Green)

4.I clicked on Windows 7 Ultimate and it changed for blue to green

5.The preset window came up and i clicked on "no preset"

6.Selected "Updates & Languages" and loaded the patches in order,nothing else drivers etc was added

then clicked start.

Iam working this week till thursday then iam going to give it another go...wish me luck!!

If you go to 'Options' in AIO Integrator and make sure 'prompt updates' is checked, at the end it should show you what's 'Integrated' tab.

@Everyone else, i just checked the code and it uses pkgmgr to integrate updates, however this passes it onto DISM.