Win Toolkit not opening download web page

mikdik

Every version of Win Toolkit i have used has let me know there is an update and would i like to download it, well when i click yes, i get a busy pointer and my system locks! so i have to manually get it from here, or nsanedown when i check to see whats new as i dont have any probs with anything else that lets me know theres an update!

I am an xp user, i do have a win 7 partition for gaming, so a bit of both!!

Anyone else have simular probs!

Edited by Muffy

Does that happen only on XP partition or also on WIN7 partition? Further, do you have any "blocking" software such as PeerGuardian, firewall and so on? Was the installation of OS on which this problem occurs slimmed/trimmed/changed in any way (were certain components removed)?

well i use an nlited xp, i use onepiece's updates package and things like langages, printer drivers and a few other bits are removed, i have absolutely no probs with any other programs.

Tabs open fine, it auto checks for updates on startup, says theres no updates, thats fine! when there is an update it goes to try and open update page and locks. works ok on win 7 but not tried to run it to grab updates as im 99% in xp!

Next time theres an update, ill reboot into win 7 and check! thanks for the replys so far! Ta

Nice place Hull but dont have pasport to travell to across the borders from london/essex (hehe)

Edited by Muffy

The problem is Ricktendo, he removed Internet Explorer with nLite, has no other browser installed and uses explorer to browse the web. However i will use what you have provided, assuming that i'ts available in XP so thanks :)

EDIT: It's in XP so i will use what you have provided.

sorry you all missunderstood! i have not removed internet explorer, its workin perfectly its untouched as i prefere internet explorer!

everything i use that i may click on to check updates explorer always opens! simple! Durrrrhhh! i said this previouly!

i got firefox protable, its not installed its just portable, nothing opens firefox cept me wanting to use it!