[Solved] Can't add the Windows Update Agent Cabs

compstuff

I tried to create a new ini with v32 and add them but they don't show then I created the ini in v26 and opened it in v32 and they won't show in the list of updates to integrate

McRipWindows7x64\Additional\Windows.Update.Agent\7.6.7600.256\cabs\WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX-x64.cab

McRipWindows7x64\Additional\Windows.Update.Agent\7.6.7600.256\cabs\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel-x64.cab

McRipWindows7x64\Additional\Windows.Update.Agent\7.6.7600.256\cabs\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel-x64.cab

I tried to create a new ini with v32 and add them but they don't show then I created the ini in v26 and opened it in v32 and they won't show in the list of updates to integrate

McRipWindows7x64\Additional\Windows.Update.Agent\7.6.7600.256\cabs\WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX-x64.cab

McRipWindows7x64\Additional\Windows.Update.Agent\7.6.7600.256\cabs\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel-x64.cab

McRipWindows7x64\Additional\Windows.Update.Agent\7.6.7600.256\cabs\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel-x64.cab

I've this problem too...

Moreover, KB2533552 isn't show in the list of updates to integrate too...

Thx

...KB2533552 isn't show in the list of updates to integrate too...

May be this Patch will be listed within the silent-installer with the note "not needed", if you use Win7 with SP1 already integrated and is only a pre-install patch before SP1!

Anyway this patch will be installed within Windows-Update (don't ask me why!).

I did check to see if it was listed anywhere else but didn't find it and again this seems to be a new issue related to v32

May be this Patch will be listed within the silent-installer with the note "not needed", if you use Win7 with SP1 already integrated and is only a pre-install patch before SP1!

Anyway this patch will be installed within Windows-Update (don't ask me why!).

That's actually not correct and I do this all the time... I am only reporting this because it doesn't work in v32.. it works all the time in v26

you can only install KB2533552 on running system only.

I did check to see if it was listed anywhere else but didn't find it and again this seems to be a new issue related to v32

Sorry, I can only confirm it and NOT since v32!

Integrated or not, as update or silent installer, on the first update with windows-update it will be downloaded and installed.

That's actually not correct and I do this all the time... I am only reporting this because it doesn't work in v32.. it works all the time in v26

but it is so, see MS-KB

Prerequisites

To apply this update, you must be running one of the following operating systems:

• Windows 7
  • Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
  • Windows Server 2008 R2
  • Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Edited by Thiersee

compstuff, so this is only a cosmetic issue, as it ONLY doesn't show in the integrated tab, or can you confirm that v32 has issues with INTEGRATING those WU cabs via AIO (DISM)? I'll try it later but I'm not in the mood for experiments, I just want to get the whole process completed without glitches.

:)

Since it didn't list them anywhere and the ini seemed to be handled differently I didn't continue with v32.. I needed some quick integration's so I stuck with what I knew worked v26

compstuff, so this is only a cosmetic issue, as it ONLY doesn't show in the integrated tab, or can you confirm that v32 has issues with INTEGRATING those WU cabs via AIO (DISM)? I'll try it later but I'm not in the mood for experiments, I just want to get the whole process completed without glitches. :)