Posts posted by dareckibmw
...and now 9.37 beta
I just re-downloaded all 3 with no problem using FF28.0, MD5 matched
Thanks mooms! the new code worked like a charm!
It was more convenience for me. I'll try to make SFX with winrar if I still remember how, lol
I see the GUI as well..... I added -ai1 switch in SFXMaker and still have the progress bar. I didn't touch the script, though.
If you add the -ai switch the SFX is ran silently.
If you want it silent when double clicked or ran without any switches, you have to modify the script.
You have to understand the syntax of a 7zip SFX. There is many topics explaining it here, or see the help file.
Does this silent switch still apply to this? I'd like to make it silent installer, no progress bar visible.
Use those that are offered by WU only ~180 updates (I called them official updates) http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/12103-09-d%C3%A9cembre-2014-update-list-gdr-pour-windows-7-sp1-x86x64-fr-en-de-es-it/
v5.1.30514.0 is out.
Whenever you have a chance. Thanks.
Just double checked my VM all updates integrated w DISM, 2 "non-integratable" updates (KB2533552 & KB971033) failed to install by setupcomplete.cmd so it appears KB3004394 prevented their installation.
This is exactly what happened to me.
I made a test in x86 configuration, (but forgot to integrate KB3004394) : all is OK ; for IE 11 we need KB2976627 and KB3008923, but not KB3003057.
I'm actually testing x64 UL.
For KB3004394, you can't install any KB after it via WU ?? did you try to install it in RunOnce ?
Im working with x64 only.... I used whole pack from last month and I started installing those 8 manually (in vmware) ....after KB3004394 I couldnt install anything else, so I uninstalled it, rebooted and then rest of them went in smooth.
You beat me to it! .....something was messing up my new compilation since yesterday.....Im in process to removing KB3004394 and run a test again.
Also, I have found more info about this error ~15 min ago http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/354776-windows-diagnostic-tool-error-0x800706f7.html
4.5.3 preview installer updated
Tested it and working fine. Thanks Ricardo!
That's really odd, as I extracted it and already used it on my test build of win7
See if this works, unpacked, just a different host site.
I just downloaded it and extracted no problem using winrar5,11 or/and 7zip9.20. Try re-downloading it.
So, since KB2949927 is no longer available on WU or/and M$ catalog, I got rid of it and added back KB2847077 & KB2862966 then ran a test in vmware...after a clean install, WU asked for KB2718704 & KB2732500...I added them and ran another test, finally nothings shows up on WU and nothing superseeded after DeepClean scan.
What a mess this month, right?
All done with win7 pro sp1 x64
just an info for you before you publish the ULs:
KB2949927 replaces not only KB2847077 but KB2862966 too
KB2984972 replaces not only KB2861855 but KB2932378 too
Funny thing, as I ran few more tests and now KB2862966 shows up on WU! so I integrated it, ran another test and .....nothing on WU!
Follow this topic, starting with the last changelog then you can "maintain" it yourself, every second week of the month http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/12103-update-list-gdr-pour-windows-7-sp1-x86x64-fr-en-de-es-it-14-octobre-2014/?p=111870
Yeah, I used v.220.127.116.11 with no problems.
There must be something wrong with KB2949927, it has been pulled from their servers http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2949927
Yes ! It's the result of deep-clean log. Strange, no ? Of course, this update is needed.
Very strange, but it were not the first time from MS that such strange things happen....
I just updated fresh installed PC and after restart I started a deep clean: indeed, KB2984981 has been uninstalled!
After a restart I checked for update by WU: nothing!
May be, it has only replaced a file...
Anyway I'll try an installation without this update and see, what happens.
I already done that, without KB2984981 and it wasn't offer in WU anymore.
At the same time I removed KB2584146, KB2685939, KB2718704, KB2965788, KB2984981 - these were uninstalled in my previous test, after I ran DeepClean scan.
Again, after a clean install in VMware, nothing shows up in WU, not even KB2993928 (ASP.NET MVC 4.0)
All tested on Windows 7 SP1 Pro x64
Nothing was/is corrupted.....it just not default search engine. I can set it manually and live with that....I don't use IE anyway
With Test 7 - same as above.
I'm on it.
Just a little cosmetic thing
in WinToolkit Bugs
I've noticed that too!