Help to dianostic win7 installation, makes BSOD with a driver

thxman

Hi i have made win7 all.in-one installtion with updates, wallpaper, themes etc, the last thing i intergrated is drivers. I use driverpacks. from www.driverpacks.net/ . I tested the installation before drivers was intergrated. all worked great. After i intergrated drivers with Wintoolkit i get an BSOD on first reboot. STOP: 0x0000007B (0xffff880009A97E8, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

Is there a log file somewhere that track all this. so i can see what driver is failing.

i did a google seach on the BSOD. microsoft says it SATA/ACHI related.

wintoolkit, makes a log file. inside the windows folder. called WinToolkitDrivers.

Kind regards THXMAN

Edited by thxman

Yes, integrating a driver that isn't ''correctly'' digitally signed (or not signed at all) may cause BSODs. My ''fix'' was to scan manually the updatepack folder and also update them. Scan means both not digitally signed drivers and also drivers that are win7-only. It took me a few months to finally come up with something ok from my point of view.

You can scan for not-digitally signed drivers with the Driver Installer Tool from Win Toolkit - install all the drivers from those folders on your live system.

I'm going to make those updated drivers folders public very soon after Lego publishes a fully working version of Win Toolkit (right now it has some glitches with addons), since I want to make a final test build. If Lego is going to start working on this very important related feature, I'll also probably wait for it to be finished.

If you don't have the time to scan those drivers yourself, send me a pm and I'll send you a link with mine. :)

So let me get this right, should i use SAD2 methode for now. it seems like you guys are wooking on a final methode soon.

or could you send me your scanned drivers.

i am useing this build on many deffirrent hardware. so it could be nice. to have a tool, that only installes the drivers needed for the hardware found. from runonce or before OOBE . this code below you posted, can i use that, when i install windows7 from USB stick.

and it seem like you put SAD2 folder in the root right?

@ECHO off & setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion
SET "LOGFILE=%systemdrive%\install.log"
for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\sources\install.wim set CDROM=%%i:
ECHO>>"%LOGFILE%" 2>>&1 Found CD-Rom as drive %CDROM%
REM :: Snip... ::

:Drivers
Start "" /max /separate %comspec% /c %CDROM%\SAD2\DP_Install_Tool.cmd /s
::all processing finished, delete used files, and EXIT::
:CLEANUP
IF EXIST %windir%\Setup\scripts RD /S /Q %windir%\Setup\scripts >nul
endlocal
DEL /F /Q %0% >nul
:EOF