Can i merge Vista x86 and x64 i wintool. getting error

thxman

HI i made Vista x86 and x64 with SP2 intergrated and all updates from october. my question the way i did the intergration. if that a bad way i did?. but all things work great it seems.

Can i merge Vista x86 and x64 i wintool. getting error when setup is about to show, the 2 version i can chose to install X86-X64. but setup says somthing like it can show the system images.

and in Wintoolkit i cant edit Description. its says no Description.

Link to picture : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/vistax64sp2.jpg/

the way i did it, i used this guide i found on the net

How to Slipstream Vista SP2

1. Install WAIK on OS

2. Install Vista RTM to a secondary partition. (Namely D: with nothing on that drive as all will be deleted)

3. During the installation, once in the Out of Box Experience (OOBE) after set-up starts, press Ctrl+Shift+F3. (The computer will restart and enter Audit mode!)

4. A Sysprep window will pop up. Do not close this Sysprep window.

5. Then find the Vista SP1 installer and then ‘Run’ installer. (The standalone service pack 1 installer from Microsoft which you will have previously downloaded)

6. Run the Vista SP1 Cleanup Tool.

7. Run the SP2 installer.

8. Run the Vista SP2 Cleanup Tool.

9. Once installation has completed Sysprep window will open. Now select OOBE, Generalize, and to Shut Down the system.

10. ‘Boot’ the system into your main OS installed. DO NOT boot back into the Vista RTM you just set-up.

11. Now in the ‘start-up’ box look for the WAIK start-up file, open this up and then select WAIK 'command prompt’ and right click on Run as Administrator.

12. Type in the following imagex command below and press enter.

imagex /compress maximum /flags "Ultimate" /capture d: c:\install.wim "Ultimate"

Note

You may need to replace "HomePremium" after the /flags switch with whatever edition of Vista you need installed!

Where d: is the drive that you have installed Vista SP2 on, and c:\install.wim is the location to store the new version of install.wim follow the steps below:~

Now:~

1. Start UltraISO, and select your DVD drive with your Vista DVD loaded under UltraISO's local header. Next select Tools > Make CD/DVD Image
  2. UltraISO will capture & save your DVD image under \Users\{user ID}\Documents\My ISO Files\LRMCxFRE_EN_DVD.iso (LRMCxFRE_EN_DVD is the volume label of my Vista DVD, your label may be different). Don't change any of the default settings. When UltraISO has saved the image, it will ask you if you want to open it, select yes.
  3. From the opened image, select the /sources folder and browse for the install.wim file. Right-click this file and select delete.
  4. Next copy the new install.wim you created in step 11 (should be on d: or whatever drive you have put it on) above into the /sources folder. then select and drag & drop install.wim to the /sources folder.
  5. From UltraISO's menu select File >: Save
  6. Once the ISO has been saved, make sure that the install.wim file from the /sources folder is the updated install.wim (look at the date).
  7. Now select Tools > Burn CD/DVD Image
  8. When ready, you'll have your Vista install DVD with SP2 included.

Kind Regards

THXMAN

Edited by thxman