Help* Editing USER32.DLL

teerim

Hello fellow WinCert members. Im new to everything but ive been reading lots and lots of stuff during the past several weeks about making my own unattended cd. I have not yet found any aero cursor addons that will completely replace the default cursors so I decided to just edit the USER32.DLL using ResHack. Only problem I have is that I cant replace 2 Cursors which are the Busy and Working Cursors. It seems that I cant use ResHack to replace a .cur file with an .ani file. If anyone can please give me some information on how to get these things replace, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. Since I cannot replace the .cur files with the .ani file, is there anyway I can use a Aero Cursor addon pack and somehow add a few lines to the winnt.sif to make it default. If so what lines would I put. Im also trying to get the Vista sounds as default on startup so any added lines to the winnt.sif for this subject would help alot. Thanks.

You could edit your default .THEME file to add the cursors, just set the cursors you want and then right click on the desktop and select Properties

In the Themes tab hit the Save As... button and save your configuration

Now open the .theme you usually set as the default theme with nLite or WINNT.SIF in notepad and paste the cursor sceme from the one you just saved example

[Control Panel\Cursors]
Arrow=%WinDir%Cursors\Aero\aero_arrow1.cur
Help=%WinDir%Cursors\Aero\aero_helpsel1.cur
AppStarting=%WinDir%Cursors\Aero\aero_working1.ani
Wait=%WinDir%Cursors\Aero\aero_busy1.ani
NWPen=%WinDir%Cursors\Aero\aero_pen.cur
No=%WinDir%Cursors\Aero\aero_unavail1.cur
SizeNS=%WinDir%Cursors\Aero\aero_ns1.cur
SizeWE=%WinDir%Cursors\Aero\aero_ew1.cur
Crosshair=%WinDir%Cursors\Aero\aero_prec.cur
IBeam=%WinDir%Cursors\Aero\aero_select.cur
SizeNWSE=%WinDir%Cursors\Aero\aero_nwse1.cur
SizeNESW=%WinDir%Cursors\Aero\aero_nesw1.cur
SizeAll=%WinDir%Cursors\Aero\aero_move1.cur
UpArrow=%WinDir%Cursors\Aero\aero_up1.cur
DefaultValue=Aero Shadow (Alphablended)
Link=%WinDir%Cursors\Aero\link_ba.cur

But I got better news:

:thumb_yello: SUCCESS!!! I have managed to turn the .ani into .cur and I added them to user32.dll (there not animated BTW) http://www.mediafire.com/?2modd1dytgf

But hey it works for me... Gonna add them to my latest V'ISO beta 3 :)