Help with NOD32 2.7 Update

DEViANCE

Ok thanks to ricks tutorial i have built a silent installer for my copy of nod32.

It all works fine but i wanted it to be update on the first install, I have managed to copy the new update files after install, its all updated but still thinks its not till you click update in the nod32 menu... Im guessing it because these entries need to be in registry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\NOD\CurrentVersion\Info]
"Build"="0x00002c76 (11382)"
"CurrentVersion"="2711 (20071207)"
"Date"="0x060c07d7 (101451735)"

Im using this config file:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
GUIMode="2"
RunProgram="setup.exe /silentmode /noreboot"
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c xcopy updfiles \"%ProgramFiles%\\Eset\\updfiles\" /s /e /i /y /h /r /k"
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd regedit /S NOD32.reg"
;!@InstallEnd@!

But its not inserting the registry entries, can anyone tell me where im going wrong?? Sorry im new to making installers/addons.

Ok this app is starting to annoy me now lol...

Above example worked fine, files were copied fine BUT on reboot it resets the build, date, version back to the old ones... Do you know this app NOD32 v2.7?? Ir must be stored elsewhere also or i need to do something else.. im stuck and confused.

Thanks for all your help ;-)

Hey this will work also

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
GUIMode="2"
RunProgram="setup.exe /silentmode /noreboot"
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c xcopy updfiles \"%ProgramFiles%\\Eset\\updfiles\" /s /e /i /y /h /r /k"
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c \"reg add \"HKLM\SOFTWARE\ESET\NOD\CurrentVersion\Info\" /v Build /t REG_SZ /d \"0x00002c76 (11382)\" /f\""
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c \"reg add \"HKLM\SOFTWARE\ESET\NOD\CurrentVersion\Info\" /v CurrentVersion /t REG_SZ /d \"2711 (20071207)\" /f\""
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c \"reg add \"HKLM\SOFTWARE\ESET\NOD\CurrentVersion\Info\" /v Date /t REG_SZ /d \"0x060c07d7 (101451735)\" /f\""
;!@InstallEnd@!

You just need to edit the following when you rebuild

Build /t REG_SZ /d \"0x00002c76 (11382)\" /f\""

CurrentVersion /t REG_SZ /d \"2711 (20071207)\" /f\""

Date /t REG_SZ /d \"0x060c07d7 (101451735)\" /f\""

EDIT: Just read your post... This probably wont help either, but hey at least you learned something :D

Yep learning fast, i made a few addons now but this one im stuck with.. i won't give up though.. it all works just until you click update it thinks you have old files.. i see some other engine files that may also be altered after update.. i will try copying new versions of them also... thanks again.

Also I wonder is it ok to post here apps with updated virus sigs?? It would still be a trial app (no more update) but if i updated the app once a month it is as good as paying for it.. Is that classed as warez???

Edited by DEViANCE

• 2 years later...

Hi there DEViANCE, can you please share how did you resolve this problem, I'm trying to add updates to my nod32 v2.7 but I'm having the same problem after restarting computer, I must update 18MB even if they are already updated.

Thanks.