Capoeira

LUZR4LIFE

OK, There are tons of videos out there. To me this is one of the greatest Martial Arts. I have trained in many different styles and this is the one I miss the most.

Capoeira (IPA: [ka.pu.ˈej.ɾɐ]) is an Afro-Brazilian blend of martial art, game, and culture created by enslaved Africans in Brazil during the 16th Century.[1] Participants form a roda (circle) and take turns playing instruments, singing, and sparring in pairs in the center of the circle. The game is marked by fluid acrobatic play, feints, subterfuge, and extensive use of groundwork, as well as sweeps, kicks, and headbutts. Throughout the game, a player must avoid a sweep, trip, kick, or head butt that may knock him or her on the floor. Less frequently-used techniques include elbow-strikes, slaps, punches, and body-throws. Capoeira has evolved from one main form, now referred to as "Capoeira Angola", into two other forms known as "Capoeira Regional", and the ever-evolving "Capoeira Contempor
Edited by LUZR4LIFE