GetDiz

cro-man

Many downloadable ZIP archives have DIZ (file_id.diz) and NFO files included within them. Sure, they're simple text files that can be viewed with Notepad, but GetDiz is a Windows Notepad is a great little utility for viewing and editing text files, but haven't you ever wanted just a bit more? Like launching URLs by clicking on them or using light colored text of any font on a dark background. Well then, what you need is GetDiz--a small, lightweight Notepad replacement that's every bit as fast, integrates seamlessly into Windows, and offers a nearly perfect set of improvements.

In addition to the link launching and configurable background/foreground colors and fonts I already mentioned, GetDiz lets you automatically place highlighted text in the clipboard, auto-highlight keywords from a list you define, and reveal formatting characters. It will also run in a single-instance mode, where each new file replaces the old one in the same window to alleviate clutter. I found the last feature amazingly handy when perusing through multiple text files in a single directory. I also liked the large cut, copy, paste, and exit buttons on the bottom of the window....

License Type: Free

Date Added: Mar 2008

Operating Systems: Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows XP, Windows Vista

Requirements: Windows

File Size: 502KB

Author: Outer Technologies

Homepage & Download