Vista Sidebar for Windows XP problem

Jouel

I am having trouble in the installation of sidebar...

After doing the walk through instructions on how to install.... "installation of alky and sidebar itself", the process returns an error that has something to do with gadgets.exe. I even tried to execute it manually and again it returns an error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application"

By the way i am using windows XP SP3, with Framework 3.0 installed. Does my OS have something to do with it?

I really love to see the add on work on my system, Hope there someone who could help....

Thanks a lot. :D

Gadgets.exe is in the SVCPACK folder, I added this to the INF just so any persons who put their personal gadgets in there to have them install during manual install

Install Alky 1.1 reboot

Extract the addon to a sub folder

Right click on Sidebar.inf and choose install

Reboot

Gadgets.exe is in the SVCPACK folder, I added this to the INF just so any persons who put their personal gadgets in there to have them install during manual install

Install Alky 1.1 reboot

Extract the addon to a sub folder

Right click on Sidebar.inf and choose install

Reboot

Again, I followed the above instructions one by one...

After the final reboot i came up with this error;

"Sorry, This application attempted to delay-load a library or function that does not exist. Instability may occur."

The error points to sidebar itself. But this time the installation of sidebar goes better except that of an error in the execution of gadget.exe which returns an error "Application failed to initialize properly". After pressing OK the installation congratulates me :).

Where exactly should i extract the addon? Is there any specific folder that i should create to make this work?

Again thanks for the help and more POWER! :D