Problems with second Hard Drive

thealexweb

I have a Dell Optliplex GX 260 that has two hard drives one 40GB and one 80GB. I was reinstalling XP and I accidentally deleted the partition on the 80GB, I installed XP on the primary 40GB but now Windows can't see the 80GB. Well I say it can't see it, I can't use it but it appears in the Device Manager. I thing I must have uninstalled it or something. The hard drive that no longer works properly is a Maxtor 6L080J4.

Please help, this is my primary computer and I need to get it working as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

The computer is now running Windows XP Service Pack 3.

If u need all documents/pics/progs on second drive u have to unformat or recover second (80GB) drive.

U may use r-studio or etc. to recover.

If u dont need any files at second drive.

Right click to My Computer. Select Manage.

U will see Disc Managment on left side in new opened windows. Select it.

In right side of windows u will see all disc/cd/dvd-rw connected to your computer.

Probbaly Disc 1 is your second disc. (80GB) Right click on it and select create new partition. Then just press next>next>next :P

You will see your disc on My Computer as D: or E:

If u need all documents/pics/progs on second drive u have to unformat or recover second (80GB) drive.

U may use r-studio or etc. to recover.

If u dont need any files at second drive.

Right click to My Computer. Select Manage.

U will see Disc Managment on left side in new opened windows. Select it.

In right side of windows u will see all disc/cd/dvd-rw connected to your computer.

Probbaly Disc 1 is your second disc. (80GB) Right click on it and select create new partition. Then just press next>next>next :P

You will see your disc on My Computer as D: or E:

It worked, thank you so much!