Recommpress a .wim

• 3 weeks later...

It's a collector thing rick.

It was easy run vLite select nothing and rebuild all.

Now he tells me the toolkit will be able to rebuild all like that in a little while...

Ok, pardon me for being a little bit "late" to the party. Where does one get vLite? I kind of skipped vista going from xp to win7 and therefore have had no need for vLite until now. (since you mentioned it can compress images) I have looked around this forum but cannot seem to locate it's presence.

Edit: hell ... nevermind. google solves all. http://www.vlite.net (I might be a little "late", but I recover quickly. ;) )

Edited by crashfly

Actually lego added recompress all to the toolit a few versions ago!

Works MUCH faster than vLite...

I will have to try the toolkit as I cannot get vlite to work properly on my Win7 installation. Too damn quirky if you ask me.

I really hope that the toolkit will be more effective.

The toolkit is way more effective for your\our uses.

P.S. In the toolkit you will find the rebuild option by going into tools --> wim manager.

Yep. I found that out. It has a decent interface. It definitely allows for for deletion of images and then the compression of that wim. Nice features. Works great. I will be testing the resulting iso file later today.